Instrument Technician – Smart Solutions Recruitment
Urgently Seeking an Instrument Technician for our clients busy waste & recycling ERF site in Dunbar- EH421SW
Working 40 Hours per week Mon-Fri 07:30-16:00 on a rate of £30.15 per hour
Overtime of £44.77
_PPE and a full induction will be provided at the start of the assignment._
1. The C&I Technician shall be responsible for carrying out planned and unplanned maintenance activities to ensure safe and efficient operation of the Dunbar ERF plant
2. Ensures maintenance plans and targets are achieved safely, economically and within the environmental limits of the plant.
3. Works alongside other functions as necessary, assist with supervision of contractors.
4. Carry out fault diagnosis and rectify as required
5. Management of calibration records and implementation of instrument calibrations
6. Fully conversant with instrument loop drawings and P&ID’s
7. Be pro-active and creative in problem solving and use initiative.
8. Conduct plant inspections and area safety inspections.
9. Ensure that all reporting within the Computerised Maintenance Management System is effective and followed through to completion promptly.
10. Broaden experience by covering the C&I Engineer’s duties if required.
11. Ensure that all activities within the Dunbar ERF plant are carried out in a safe manner in line with Dunbar’s procedures.
12. Carry out risk assessments and method statements to ensure activities are completed in a safe manner at all times.
13. Work as part of a team striving for continual improvement in minimising environmental Health & Safety risk at the Dunbar ERF plant.
14. Maintain a clean and tidy workplace
15. You must remain aware at all times of your responsibilities for your own Health and Safety, for the Health and Safety of those directly responsible to you, your work colleagues and any others who may be effected by the operations under your responsibility or control. You must ensure that at all times the correct PPE is worn. Please refer to the Health and Safety Policy for further details on your specific responsibilities.
Candidates must have the following:
Possess appropriate technical qualifications City & Guilds / NVQ (or equivalent) including a recognised trade specific apprenticeship
Experience in power generation
Formal H&S qualifications
Full, clean driving licence
This role is an ongoing Temporary position with potential to be Temp to Perm.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Smart Solutions acting as a recruitment agency. Due to the high volume of enquiries that we receive, we are not always able to respond to all CVs. If you have not received a response within two weeks, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful in this instance.
To view our Smart Solutions Privacy Notice please go
Job Type: Temp to perm
Salary: £30.15 per hour
12 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
Dunbar, EH42 1SW: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Electrical Engineering: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: One location
This job was originally posted as: https://uk.whatjobs.com/coopob__cpl___764_6274591__1685?utm_source=1685&utm_medium=feed&keyword=Instrument-Technician&location=Dunbar