Hub Operative – Receipt and Dispatch
Roles and responsibilities
* Receive outbound cargo onto site, ensuring it is on a vessel load list
* Raise any non-conforming or unexpected cargo with the Materials Team
* Move the cargo from the laydown area to the vessel in accordance with the loading order ensuring all cargo is stored in a safe and logical order
* Move inbound cargo away from vessel upon discharge and into dispersal area ready for onward transport
* Load inbound cargo onto trucks and complete associated dispersal paperwork
* Liaise with the Materials, Warehouse or Operations teams where required
* Conduct daily checks and complete associated compliance documentation, raising any defects with a line manager where identified
* Support the fitter during repairs and routine maintenance as required
* Inspection of cargo delivered to the Gantry
* Support and provide cover to the Quayside Controller, managing traffic, personnel, and contractors on the Quayside to preserve a controlled work zone
* Support the Warehouse and Fuel & Lubricants department with forklift activates where required.
* Present a positive image of the company through first class service delivery and customer engagement.
* Ensure that formal procedures, standing instructions and safety standards are always complied with.
* Ensure all site health and safety requirements are adhered to including conducting Live Safe Interventions (LSI) and record for inclusion on base scorecard
* Must be flexible regarding working additional hours and carry out any ad-hoc duties to support other operational departments as required including providing annual leave cover in-line with training ability
Minimum Competencies (Skills, Knowledge and Behaviours)
* Customer focused with the ability to build and maintain effective relationships, both internal and external.
* Accustomed to working effectively in a fast-paced environment, flexible and can adapt to changing workloads and priorities, where high standards are not compromised under pressure.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and in writing.
* Ability to work stand-alone, demonstrating initiative and ownership, while a positive contributor to the wider team.
* Motivated to achieve the highest standards of performance and customer support, maintaining a culture of continuous improvement and innovation.
* Gantry inspection experience.
* B2 (5-15T) Counterbalance Forklift Licence
* Full UK driving licence
* B3 (15T+) Counterbalance Forklift Licence
* OPITO Banksman/Slinger Stage 3/4
* HSE related Training and an understanding of Health and Safety legislation
* Dangerous Goods Awareness
* COSHH Awareness
* Spill Response Training