Workdry International is the holding company for two of the UKs leading providers of water pumps and industrial wastewater treatment products and services. The Group operates two complementary trading businesses – Selwood Ltd and Siltbuster Ltd.
With a pedigree spanning seven decades, Selwood is an innovative business with a cutting-edge approach to customer service, product development, manufacture, and quality. We are world leaders in pump manufacturing and the leading pump rental solutions company in the UK.
Siltbusters goal is to keep our water clean and natural, the business has over twenty years expertise in treating contaminated waters across a wide range of sectors.
The Group has grown enormously over the last few years, and we ensure our staff have the right skills, knowledge & experience to deliver to our customers, as well as creating career paths to help develop, retain, and motivate our people.
As a result of this growth, we have an exciting opportunity in our Advice & Guidance team within our HR shared service function. This role will help meet the ever-increasing needs of our expanding businesses. If you love to drive change and help businesses achieve their goals, then this is the role you are looking for!
About The Role
To help us deliver our HR services and provide an advisory service to our business we are looking for an experienced HR Advisor to join our team. Reporting to our HR Operations Manager this role will work regionally, based at our Head Office in Chandlers Ford, with responsibility for sites across southern England.
HR Advisor responsibilities include:
- Working collaboratively with the business providing comprehensive & timely advice and guidance on all ER issues and influencing them to build their knowledge and capability to make conscious, business-risk-assessed people decisions.In particular providing coaching and guidance on performance management, disciplinaries, absence and grievances.
- Provide expert employment law guidance statute & case law – taking into account company precedents,with demonstrable experience in managing a complex case load.Ensuring the business executes its legal duties diligently.
- Work with learning & development to develop internal training material to support line managers with Employee Relations issues.
- Identify current and future critical roles and deliver succession planning for the business.
- Work with the recruitment and management teams to critically assess levels of resource for the business. Providing advice and support on all recruitment issues including job description writing.
- You will need to have the ability to write legally compliant, easily readable company policies, processes, and associated documentation and to train these out to the business.
- You will need to be able to demonstrate the ability to work within a team, sharing knowledge, supporting each other to achieve the HR objectives.
- You will be traveling to various parts of the business regularly, to execute duties.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Educated to degree Standard or equivalent.
- CIPD Level 5 ideally including the Employment Law module.
- Expert in employment law and complex ER cases, with demonstrable experience in manging a complex case load.
- Proven experience of excellent stakeholder engagement skills, including the ability of managing key relationships and influencing outcomes when/where needed.
- Great interpersonal skills and able to adapt your style and approach to meet the needs of your stakeholders.
- Dynamic,self-motivated, and flexible, ready to develop the role and drive the people strategy forward.
- Professional and confident to challenge the status quo and improve the way things are done.
- Proactive and solutions-focussed with the drive to deliver positive change across the business.
- IT proficient – experience with HR software, like HRIS.
- Computer literate (MS Office applications, in particular).
- Ability to travel to various parts of the business when required, to execute duties.
- Car driver.CIP
- Manufacturing and / or construction industry experience useful but not essential.
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary
- Bonus scheme (quarterly and annual payments)
- Medicash scheme
- Pensionscheme with contribution based on total earnings not just salary
- 24 days holiday + 8 Bank Holidays
- Increasing annual leave entitlement with long service
- Support for development and training
- Employee assistance programme
- Employee discount scheme
- Employee referral scheme
- Free on-site parking
- This role is open to hybrid working (i.e. working from home and in the office) pattern
This role is not open to Agencies – Please no calls or emails – Thank you.
Workdry International Ltd is committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our workforce, and eliminating unlawful discrimination.
This job was originally posted as: https://thecareerwallet.com/stats/track/MTQ1MjEyMzM3Ny18LTE0NS18LTcw