We are seeking a Logistics Export Controller, with plenty of prior experience in Export Logistics to join our client in Diss on a full-time, permanent basis. This position involves working a 37.5-hour week, either from 8am – 4pm or 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday.
Our client is a key supplier to impressive motorsport clients and their components are in vehicles used in the F1™, GT Series, Indycar, World Rally & Moto GP.
This brand-new vacancy has been created for a logistics export expert to join the three-person stores team and is a great chance to join a fantastic local employer. Our client is the largest employer in their field within East Anglia and pride themselves on providing an engaged working environment, as well as offering competitive salaries and a list of excellent benefits. They really believe in recognising and rewarding the work their teams and individuals do.
This is a dual-type of role, where approximately half of your time will be spent dealing with export logistics administration, keeping abreast of new developments with respect of Free Trade Agreements and customs regulations. You’ll need to stay informed of changes and be self-lead in finding out new information, particularly as the UK drafts new export agreements with countries.
The other large part of the job is picking and packing of items ready for dispatch, assisting with stock checks and being hands-on with the movement of product (all relatively small and lightweight components).
The primary duties involved in this position are as follows:
* Ensuring compliance on export operations, dealing with the classification of goods/commodity codes, origin, customs documentation etc.
* Ensure compliance in Free Trade Agreement areas
* Monitoring of customs regulations
* Arranging transport for items via land, sea, and air, communicating with carriers to ensure delivery timescales are met
* Packing and despatch of goods, ensuring appropriate packing per customer requirements
* As a team, performing stock checks and stock reconciliation
* Effective management and filing of all export-related documentation for compliance and traceability
Required Skills and Experiences
* Knowledge of export procedures (essential) and international shipping methods
* Previous logistics/stock control experience
* Ability to plan and prioritise own workload
* Knowledge of ERP systems would be advantageous
* The willingness to keep up-to-date with changing export guidelines, from Great Britain to the EU from 1 January 2021
* Excellent communication skills and good cross-cultural awareness
* Highly organised, adaptable, and methodical working style
If you’ve got the above skills and experiences, plus the ability to learn quickly and be a key part of a small team, then please apply today!
Our client offers the chance to join a superb, modern workplace with great employee engagement, where workers are listened to, recognised, and rewarded for their hard work. On offer is a salary of circa £22,000 per annum, depending on skills and experiences. Our client also offers fantastic benefits, which include 25 days holiday (which rises after 5 years service), Aviva pension scheme with up to 6% employer contribution, discretionary annual bonus up to 5% based on profitability, long service awards, and mental health wellbeing training and support as well as plenty more.