Health And Safety Advisor
Health and Safety Advisor
Mon-Fri (Apply online only)
Our client is a world leader in paper based packaging. Employing over 46,000 employees, the organisation is a customer orientated, market led company, delivering excellent customer service with engaged employees, investing in employee personal development plans.
We are seeking a motivated individual to support continuing improvements in the Health & Safety performance. This role would suit an individual who has a passion for health and safety and a desire to learn and develop within the health and safety profession. This role has potential for progression for the right candidate.
Experience (12 months plus) in a similar role is preferred, however, training will be provided, after which the expectation is to use own initiative. The successful candidate must demonstrate a positive and safe attitude, proactively engaging with Health and Safety programs promoting them across all teams.
This is a hands-on role required to support the businesses and review progress against objectives and other performance indicators and meet regularly with the business stakeholders to check progress and continuously develop around updates and law changes.
Responsibilities & Duties :
* Advise and support in setting and implementing site(s) strategy to achieve health and safety objectives as set by the UK Health, Safety and Environmental Manager.
* Provide Health and Safety support to the four Corby sites.
* To influence, coach and support departmental managers and their teams across the business to develop safety leadership and culture change.
* Proactively communicate, engage and promote Health and Safety initiatives with all employees.
* Drive improvements through the business through effective health and safety audit programmes.
* Carry out regular monitoring audits on health, safety and environmental issues throughout the sites.
* Ensure best practice is implemented across all the sites .
* Carry out regular health and safety training with colleagues and contractors.
* Investigate accidents and other serious incidents and ensure corrective actions are implemented and all accident and incident documentation completed.
* Undertaking Risk Assessments and Safe System of Work.
* Compiling HSE statistics and monthly reports to Senior and Line Management.
* Support and assist with other areas of compliance to satisfy business needs
Skills Knowledge & Experience :
* Good working knowledge of Health & Safety ideally in a fast moving manufacturing environment
* Good level of education ideally qualified at NEBOSH General Certificate level
* Full Clean Driving License
* Essential communication and motivational skills
* Effective team member and networking skills
* An ability to work independently using own initiative.
* Dynamic with a high level of ability to multi task.
* IT literate
* Awareness of management systems such as ISO9001, BRC/IOP etc.
* Must be logical, analytical and progressive in thought process, able to problem solve