Head of Sales – Software
We have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Sales individual to join a global and fast-paced company based just outside of Basingstoke.
Are you an ambitious sales star and want to take the lead in expanding my client’s direct sales revenue stream? Do you want to make a name for yourself and enjoy a position on the senior management team in return? Do you know what it takes to create a coordinated and dynamic sales strategy? Do you love a challenge?
The individual who can say "Yes" to all of these and is smart, positive, and focused is someone we would love to talk to.
My client sees their direct sales strategy as key to our growing success and to increasing their global coverage alongside their existing partner expansion program.
The software that they create and market, is regarded as cutting edge, industry analysts position them as visionaries and market leaders in Integrated Quality Suites, continually out-performing established brands. In addition, they have exciting new and innovative developments underway which will come to market in 2021 with a bang!
The basic salary for this role is up to £70k with an OTE of £120k-£130k+.
For the Head of Sales position, it is essential for the candidate to have experience in the following:
* A good understanding of and previous sales experience with ERP platforms such as Oracle, SAP or Salesforce
* Previous leadership experience, this is a hands-on role, leading one other sales person and you will also be recruiting further to the team in the near future.
* Previous experience with selling complex solutions
* Ideally, you will have experience in selling in other markets such as the US.
The Head of Sales role:
The company has clients in over 50 countries worldwide, but they want more. You will manage and execute the direct sales strategy to support their aggressive growth plan.
You will be hands on the sales process supported by our excellent pre-sales engineers, but with a view to owning and achieving the team goals. As part of this you may deem it appropriate to grow the existing team.
Head of Sales Main Responsibilities:
* Manage and execute the go-to-market strategy for the direct sales channel
* Lead, coach, and develop a global sales team, ensuring they meet and exceed the annual targets
* Maintain own portfolio of prospects/customers and meet/exceed personal sales targets
* Coordinate internal and external resources to meet revenue goals
* Collaborate with Marketing to generate Demand Generation Programs
* Work alongside the existing Partner Manager in a collaborative approach
* Proactively contribute to the development of the company with your colleagues on the senior management team
Head of Sales Skills & Experience:
* B2B software solution selling with a consultative approach
* Comfortable building relationships at a senior level
* Consistent and sustainable record or performance-driven by new business success through new opportunities and existing customers
* Goal orientated and motivated to deliver success
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Good interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport at all levels
* Quick thinker able to think outside of the box and to help clients achieve their goals
Head of Sales Rewards:
Competitive base salary, Commission based on growth in direct revenue, and a comprehensive benefits package including pension, healthcare, and life assurance.
Our client is certainly going places! They already have over 500 customers around the world supported from our US and UK offices, but that’s not enough. They want to expand further and make their unique and impressive software solutions the worldwide standard. What they do, nobody else does or can do, a fact reflected in some of their patents and the plaudits they receive from customers about their successes with their solutions.
When a company chooses to invest or extend their investment with them it is a tribute to every member of staff. Creating and delivering quality solutions that redefine people’s expectation takes every member of every team to fully contribute and our company structure reflects that. In the company, when they create success, every member of staff shares in that success through our profit share scheme.
Adjacent to either their UK Headquarters offices in Basingstoke, Hampshire, or their US offices. Whilst the social distancing measures are in place, the successful candidate will be working remotely. Before COVID, this role would have entailed a level of national and international travel, but for now, all meetings will be virtual