About the Role:
Providing strategic direction and management of existing and future major donors, the Head of Philanthropy will develop and implement a strategy to build, retain and grow gifts from individuals. We are a small team, so looking for a candidate who will take a hands-on approach.
Knowledge and Skills
- Proven track record in similar role, cultivating and stewarding a portfolio of six-figure plus major gifts in a charity setting.
- Success in relationship building and securing six figure donations.
- Experience building giving programmes at a variety of funding levels.
- Ability to create compelling, personalised, proposals for new audiences and influencing support.
- Ability to think strategically to identify and analyse new opportunities to engage major donors.
- People focused, with an ability to quickly build rapport with new audiences.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Operates and negotiates with confidence with new and existing supporters.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities, take responsibility for decision make and escalating problems appropriately.
- Ability and willingness to travel to major donor meetings and KidsOR offices.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a philanthropy strategy focusing on cultivation of existing and growth of new six-figure plus major gifts from individuals.
- Budget, forecast and deliver against fundraising targets and monitor expenditure.
- Build a positive team culture and working environment.
- Ensure best practice and adherence to the Fundraising Code of Conduct and GDPR.
- To support the Director of Fundraising as required.
- Draft and deliver against individual stewardship plans, identifying areas of engagement and cultivation.
- Provide accurate and donor friendly reports to demonstrate the impact of a donor’s investment.
Growth of the philanthropy portfolio
- Identify and engage new audiences to motivate and inspire individuals to support KidsOR’s mission.
- Grow the number of high value supporters and deliver all aspects of the donor journey including research, cultivation, engagement, ask and stewardship.
- Create compelling propositions which reflect KidsOR’s operational needs and aligns with donor interests.
This job was originally posted as: https://click.appcast.io/track/ilwhwq8?cs=pek&exch=3i&jg=miq&bid=UOCo5LZqOOUiitW5dc7P2Q==&ob=DNpkDk9TT2jjNxDsIOiVxQ==&cat=qk