FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITY FOR ONGOING WORK IN THE NEW YEAR – EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
XP Recruitment is recruiting for GROUNDS MAINTENANCE EMPLOYEES for an exciting ongoing opportunity working for our prestigious client based in Mildenhall. This role has an immediate start and is ongoing with the potential to go temp to perm, this could be the perfect role for you.
Job Role: Grounds Maintenance Employee
To carry out a range of skilled horticultural and general duties in parks, play areas and other open spaces.
· Monday to Friday- start time of 06:30 / 07.00 and finishing around 15.00 depending on the work being completed
· Working with a member of the team, or on an individual based maintenance activities including cutting and strimming of grass, hedge cutting, pruning, planting and weed spraying
· A variety of maintenance activities including installation of fences, painting
· Removal of littler, detritus, weeks (By hand or spraying) from both hard and soft landscaped areas as directed
· To use a range of specialist hand tools and mechanical equipment including strimmers, hedge cutters and ride on mowers as directed, including undertaking regular maintenance and safety checks
· Responding to queries from members of the public and providing advice information or directing them to the appropriate place to obtain the information they require.
· Follow instructions given by the team leader
· £9.00 per hour PAYE
· Be able to judge and make decisions
· Conscious of personal safety of members of the public
· High degree of awareness needed in working in proximity to the highway
· High degree of awareness needed in respect to personal health and safety
· Excellent verbal communications skills
· Customer care skills
Experience (If you have one experience in any of the below please apply)
· Must hold a Driving Licence – Cat B Car ./ Van licence / B+E (Trailer) – Preferred but not essential
· NPTC Chainsaw Certificate
· Chipper experience
· Experience strimming
· Hedge cutting experience
· Experienced triple mower driver
· Horticulture NVQ/or relevant experience
· Able to work as part of a team and on an individual basis
· Literate, and numerate in order to accept work instructions and complete documentation
· Smart and presentable at all times.
· Fantastic communication
· Proactive and customer focused.
If you are interested in the role and would like to apply.
Please call Meaghan or Sarah on (phone number removed), Option 1 or email (url removed)