Graduate Cover Supervisor: Stoke-on-Trent
Academics are currently looking to recruit enthusiastic Graduate Cover Supervisors ready now for the new academic year!
What is a Cover Supervisor?
Cover Supervisors are used in secondary schools to provide cover for a class when a teacher is not available. They are employed on a flexible and day-to-day basis to ensure that a teacher can have time away from the classroom to carry out other duties (planning, assessment, or training days). They may also cover lessons for teachers who are away from school due to sickness or for other absences. An Cover Supervisor is not responsible for planning, teaching, or assessing a lesson. The class teacher will set work for students to complete and the Cover Supervisor will ensure that pupils remain on task by managing behaviours.
As an Academic’s Cover Supervisor, you will need:
- A positive can do attitude to respond to busy schools. Calls for work can be on the day from 7:00am in the morning!
- Able to get to schools in Stoke-on-Trent by 8.30am with 30-60 minute’s notice.
- Can work flexible between Monday to Friday. Usual working hours are between 8.30am-3.30pm.
Responsibilities of a Secondary Teaching Assistant:
- Supporting the teacher with the delivery of the lesson.
- Preparing the classroom for lessons, such as setting up equipment.
- Managing behaviour and engaging students with their own learning.
- Working with students either one to one or in small groups in & out of the classroom.
- Committed to support both the teacher and the students to succeed.
We welcome applications from Education Graduates with experience of:
- Working as a Teaching Assistant in Primary, Secondary or SEN schools
- Sports Coaching/Youth work
- Drama or Art Workshops/ Drama School/ Theatre in Education
- Working in Sunday Schools, Mosques or Synagogue schools
- After School Club/Summer Camp
- Scouts/Guides/Brownies /Cubs/Rainbows
- Outdoor Activities Instructor
If you are a Graduate who is interested in flexible and ad-hoc roles, and you have the relevant experience of working with young people, click ‘APPLY NOW‘ today to submit your application for this exciting role.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Academics are dedicated to safer recruitment, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect every candidate to share this commitment. Assignments are subject to safeguarding and child protection screening in line with DfE polices, including right to work, employment references and enhanced DBS checks.
This job was originally posted as: https://thecareerwallet.com/stats/track/MTQxMzE1NjEzNy18LTE0NS18LTU=