Functional Skills English Tutor
We are looking for a Functional Skills English Tutor to teach on a full-time, permanent basis at a category C men's prison.
Tutors play an integral part in identifying the training requirements of the learners, building them a training plan and helping them to overcome any barriers to employment.
* Identifying the individual needs of learners ensuring that all learners have an individual learning plan which links to their long-term employment goals.
* Preparing, delivering and reviewing comprehensive lesson plans for all sessions that address the training needs of the group including basic literacy, numeracy, language and other social/employability barriers to employment.
* Engaging and motivating both individuals and learner groups to increase retention.
* Completing all of the necessary administration.
* Working with colleagues/hosts to assist learner's progression towards qualifications, and movement into employment.
The person & qualifications:
* Maths and English Level 3.
* Full teaching qualification.
* Confidence in using a diverse range of presentation, facilitation and communication skills.
* The ability to handle challenging situations whilst remaining calm and in control especially in a group situation.
* A passion to motivate and lead by example to support people to achieve qualifications.
* Experience of developing curriculum/ programmes of learning and of planning & delivering, on a roll-on, roll-off programme.
* An empathy with the learner group and experience of overcoming complex barriers, a background in working with unemployed and / or disadvantaged people and in a challenging or secure environment is desirable.
As a Disability Confident business we warmly encourage applications from people with disabilities. Protocol is committed to offering opportunities to people from diverse communities. If you have specific requirements or adjustments please let us know if there is anything we can do to support your application.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We're more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we've got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion
Plus Statutory Holiday Pay