Full Stack PHP Developer
Why Work for LexisNexis Risk Solutions (RSG)
Explore our passion for discovery
Global companies and governmental entities rely on us to solve their most complex data challenges. Our employees collaborate to reduce risks and create opportunities for customers in more than 100 countries. We are adaptable, curious, and ambitious. That is why here, you will have the freedom to drive change, the trust to find your own path, and the space to explore more.
Full stack PHP Developer – Discovery and Innovation
LexisNexis Risk Solutions is seeking a full stack PHP Developer to join our Cardiff based development teams. Our teams are collaborative, forward thinking, and agile. We support multiple products with a challenging and exciting set of features and provide real opportunity for our teams to contribute to the success of the organization.
* Developing and delivering features across the full stack (including use of modern PHP frameworks, front-end frameworks, HPCC and other tools as required to deliver a feature)
* Contributing to the effective design of new features and solutions
* We will help you learn how to use our big data platform – HPCC – through a combination of training courses, self-learning and peer support
* Contributing to the quality assurance effort, particularly through use of test automation tools (such as Cucumber and Postman) and Continuous Integration tools (such as GitLab and Jenkins)
* Providing technical input to our cross-functional agile product development teams
* Working closely with the product owner and project management to deliver timely products and enhancements
* Strong and enthusiastic technologist, able to demonstrate a broad technical knowledge in PHP development skills using modern PHP frameworks (Laravel, Lumen)
* Working experience in an Agile environment
* Good understanding of CI/CD
* Experience working with relational databases such as MySQL or other similar databases
* A good understanding of SOA and API concepts, including security
* A strong working knowledge of application development tools and methodologies
What is it like to work here?
Outstanding – you have probably already got a feel for what we do and the technology we are involved with but what is really stands us out from the crowd is our culture. We are an agile, dynamic, and forward-thinking organisation who understands the importance of looking after our staff. We pride ourselves on delivering high-quality products, providing our employees with interesting challenges for their personal and career development whilst also striking the right balance between work and family life.
Women in technology:
LexisNexis Risk Solutions Group (RSG) is very supportive of women in Technology and has been a founding signature for the Tech Talent Charter. Currently 27% of our Technology workforce are women which is much higher than the UK average of 17%. We have the following initiatives in place to support women in technology:
* Mentoring scheme for women in technology
* Women’s network forum
* Regularly run events for schoolgirls about careers in technology to inspire the next generation of girls in tech.
RSG proudly support the Tech Talent Charter.
About LexisNexis® Risk Solutions Group LexisNexis® Risk Solutions Group is a portfolio of brands that span multiple industries providing customers with innovative technologies, information-based analytics and decision tools and data services that help businesses and governmental entities reduce risk and improve decisions to benefit people around the globe. Headquartered in metro Atlanta, Georgia, we have offices throughout the world and are part of RELX (LSE: REL/NYSE: RELX), a global provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries.
LexisNexis Risk Solutions | Accuity | ICIS | Cirium | Proagrica | XpertHR | EG | Nextens
Bonus + Competitive Benefits