Forklift Service Engineer
Must have full UK drivers licence*
As our Field Forklift Engineer you will act as a key member of the team by keeping our client’s forklifts in smooth working order. You will have the following duties and responsibilities:
– Performing repairs, servicing and preventative maintenance of customer materials handling equipment
– Perform mechanical, hydraulic and electrical fault diagnosis carrying out subsequent repairs in a time and cost-effective manner
– Develop and maintain client relationships ensuring the highest levels of customer service is achieved
– Liaison with the parts department to ensure appropriate stock levels are held on the company vehicle.
– Completion of documentation to company standards
Skills and Experience
Ideally you will have worked with material handling products before; however, we are open to considering candidates from other backgrounds such as: Automotive, Roadside recovery, Agricultural, REME, Construction Equipment, PSV, HGV, LGV or Plant. You must hold a UK driving licence.
To maintain our machines, candidates require a working knowledge and some practical experience of most of the following disciplines (full, in-depth product training will be given):
– Experience of working on mobile machinery (brakes, steering, wheels, lift chains etc.)
– Electrical drive and control systems
– Diesel and LPG engines and common drive-trains
– Some computer/electronic based diagnostic experience would be considered an advantage
– Experience working on Wire Guided VNA’s desirable but not essential.
Position: Full time
Location: Barking, Essex
Hours: Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm
Salary: 21,840 per year
Some experience with forklift equipment would be an advantage but not essential as full training will be provided