Fire & Security Service Engineer
We are currently working with a leading provider of fire alarm and security systems based in East Anglia who due to continued growth are looking for Fire & Security Service Engineers to join them on a permanent basis. You will be attending service and maintenance requests of fire systems, DDA systems and Security systems providing a high standard of customer service.
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Fordham, Cambridgeshire – Covering East Anglia
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday 7.30am – 5pm
Salary: £negotiable + Bonus
Overtime: Paid at 1.5%
Benefits: Company van, Tooling & Mobile provided, 23 days annual leave, Pension Scheme, Training opportunities, and paid travel.
The right candidate will have a Positive can-do attitude towards career development and will be working overtime, weekends and be part of an on call rota therefore a desire to earn more and flexible is essential for this role.
* Service & maintain fire alarm systems, security alarm systems, emergency lighting systems & DDA compliant systems.
* Attend to fire alarm system & security alarm system fault calls.
* Inform the office immediately of any major system failures or site problems.
* Clean up any rubbish/debris following completion of your works.
* Prompt and accurate response to client enquires escalating to the Projects Coordinator and Management Team where appropriate.
* Ensure all necessary paperwork is obtained and processed promptly and in adherence to the company’s ISO procedures – chasing when not received.
* Providing an exceptional customer experience
* To build and maintain strong client relationships
* Complete maintenance engineers’ reports.
* Complete site survey reports
* Complete van stock & can condition reports
* Assist other departments when required.
Skills and Experience Required:
* Experience in servicing & maintenance of fire & security systems, including witness testing, client demonstration training
* Experience in Intruder alarm systems, access control systems, CCTV Systems & DDA systems
* FIA course 1, 2/3 and 6 will be preferred.
* A good understanding of installation/electrical procedures and principles related to the fire & security industry.
* Carrying out logical and accurate fault finding and diagnostics.
* Be able to complete relevant documentation.
* Able to plan and communicate well within the team, suppliers, and customers
* Understand and disseminate specifications and technical drawings.
* Excellent organisational and time management skills.
* Flexible and proactive when facing challenges.
* Committed and willing to go the extra mile to get tasks completed on time.
* Ability and desire to learn the legal and regulatory compliance for the Fire and Security Industries.
* Applies basic problem-solving skills.
* Display initiative and to have strong attention to detail.
If you have not received a response within 3-5 working days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Busy Bee Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency for this Permanent vacancy