UK Financial Controller
Salary :Negotiable depending on experience
Excellent benefits package
About the Role
Reporting to the Finance Director and supervising two direct reports within a team of 6, the successful candidate must have previous manufacturing industry experience.
The UK Financial Controller will be expected to implement and maintain an appropriate system of financial controls and ensure the timely production of financial information. You will continually develop and improve the finance function, systems and procedures and support the Group Finance Director in achieving the operational and strategic objectives of the Group.
* Lead and develop the company’s finance and controlling teams locally.
* Maintain and monitor timely and accurate bookkeeping with is compliant with Group Accounting Control Manual.
* Responsible for preparing the weekly, biweekly and monthly head office reporting.
* Responsible for the full month end closing process including preparation of monthly reporting pack with commentary and submission to the Group.
* Group VAT quarterly submission to HMRC
* Responsible for all HMRC and statutory reporting and filing
* Monitor performance vs. budget and 12 month rolling forecast process for P&L and balance sheet.
* Take ultimate responsibility for banking and working capital reporting.
* Responsible for all journal entries and bookkeeping.
* Responsible for FX reporting and hedging
* Responsible for statutory reporting, taxes and overseeing external and internal audits.
* Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with senior management and external parties and stakeholders.
Requirements and attributes
* Qualification in a finance discipline with experience in financial accounting
* 2+ years accounting supervisory experience.
* High degree of proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint
* Strong financial and accounting background, reporting, budgeting, balance sheet and cash flow management
* Must be familiar with IFRS and taxation regulation and planning.
* Experience with Plc reporting requirements
* Leadership skills, with steadfast resolve and personal integrity
* Independent and structured style of working (“self-starter”)
* Ability to effectively work on and manage many priorities at the same time.
* Entrepreneurial mindset, understanding of business models within medium sized enterprises would be beneficial.
* Willingness to learn new systems and skills within a continuous improvement environment.
* Excellent English language skills/both verbal and written