Field Service Engineer – Electrical Bias
Our client is a market leader and global brand who specialise in the design and implementation of specialist air flow systems. With a range of leading clients across most UK universities, hospitals and biomedical research facilities, they are hugely customer centric and are experiencing a huge phase of growth. They are looking for a Field Service Engineer to be based in around the Milton Keynes/Northampton area to cover a region of Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Cambridgeshire and London with flexibility for occassional travel to other parts of England and Ireland. A company van will be provided for this and when the role involves nights away this will be covered by the company. Reporting into the Technical Services Department Manager the Field Service Engineer will provide field and site based Planned Preventive maintenance support of specialist products. As Field Service Engineer you will deliver a consistently high quality and a best in class service which is driven by an understanding of customers’ needs and expectations.
Field Service Engineer – Responsibilities
– Attend customer sites as scheduled by the Customer Service Team Leader to meet the commitments of the Department.
– Carry out Planned Preventive Maintenance (and occasional repair) work to the highest technical standard. Follow predefined procedures and guidelines to ensure continued safe/efficient operation of products.
– Work with other team members on installation, commissioning and training projects. Ensure all new equipment is installed to the highest possible standard to provide years of reliable service to our customers.
– Update the electronic job management system according to agreed procedures. Ensuring that all jobs contain relevant information to the agreed standard and are processed daily so that customer and company expectations are met.
– Develop profitable relationships with customers to ensure the ongoing promotion of the Technical Service Department and product range.
– Manage and maintain tools, parts and equipment provided by the company in line with agreed procedures and standards.
Field Service Engineer – Key Skills
– Multi Skilled Engineer or electrical bias technician/engineer ideally with some multi site experience.
– Proven background with Electrical, Pneumatic and experience in dealing with PLC.
– Fault finding and Servicing experience
– Customer focus approach, able to be flexible, bring strong problem-solving skills and have exceptional time management and organisational skills.
In return for your hard work and technical knowledge our client offers some great benefits including a work Van with fuel card, Pension of 3%, rising to 5.5% after two years that the company contributes to and an Annual bonus of 10%. This is a Monday to Friday role, so no weekend or shift work as sites laregly operate 9am-5pm. It also offers the chance to work for an industry leading brand that provide exceptional training and where you can add genuine value with your varied skillset. Many engineers have stayed loyal to and grown with this brand and they could offer you the same opportunity.
Given the regional spread of this role and to fit around current clients they would welcome applications from suitably qualified engineers in or around the Northampton, Kettering, Bedford or Milton Keynes areas.
Apply now to be considered for their Field Service Engineer role.
This job was originally posted as: https://thecareerwallet.com/stats/track/MTQxMzE1NTM5Ny18LTE0NS18LTU=