JOB TITLE: Maintenance Operative (Fabric)
REPORTING TO: Contract Manager / Supervisor
LOCATION: Bullring & Grand Central
SHIFT PATTERN: Early (06:00-15:00) & Late (11:00 20:00). 1 weekend in 4 weeks
SALARY: Up to £32,000
ROLE OVERVIEW AND PURPOSE
Building fabric biased trades person based on site within a team of operatives undertaking planned preventative maintenance (PPM) and repair of mechanical and electrical equipment, and building fabric within a retail property environment.
- To carry out planned and reactive maintenance as instructed by the Contract Manager. Including, but not limited to painting, joinery, minor building repairs, and other general duties in support of the rest of the team.
- To close / update completed PPM tasks on the site computerised maintenance system.
- Ensure standards of workmanship are maintained to maximise the operation effectiveness and reliability of the building and associated systems.
- To assist specialist subcontractors requirements both for PPM and reactive works.
- To ensure company QA and site procedures are adhered to in all aspects.
- Ensure Company & Site, Health & Safety procedures are followed at all times.
- Maintain accurate site records/documentation in association with all site works.
- To inspect the condition of services and proactively deal with callouts/repairs as required, and requested by management
- Attend site emergencies, outside of normal working hours.
- Carry out tasks within typical building environments and at high level, working from platforms and ladders. All access and PPE will be provided
- Keep and maintain all company issued tools in a safe and serviceable manner.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- City & guilds / NVQ – Carpentry, Joinery, construction & building
- Experience in a similar field
- Building services maintenance, ie plumbing and drainage.
- Supporting mechanical and electrical tradesmen
- Customer service
This job was originally posted as: https://thecareerwallet.com/stats/track/MTQ1MDIyOTYzNS18LTE0NS18LTcw