Location: Cambridge, UK
Working as part of the Bids and Programme team, this role is pivotal in leading on the production of comprehensive, integrated estimates of costs of labour, material and associated elements (including assumptions, dependencies, risk assessments) in support of bids, proposals and contract variation.
· Production of accurate labour and material estimates / reports
· Business and performance data gathering
· Relationships developed with stakeholders
· Good presentation skills
· Production manufacture and assembly estimates.
· Coordinate with Sales, bid managers, engineers, and support staff
· Produce presentation material for director review and approval
The ideal candidate will have a qualification within an Engineering discipline and proven experience within a similar Estimating focused role. You will have worked within a projects based production / manufacturing environment and have excellent engagement and communication skills.
Other essential aspects of the successful candidate include:
· An ability to transpose a technical drawing or maintenance manual into a resource demand and material cost estimate.
· Understanding of estimating techniques
· Commercial Acumen
· Finance Acumen
· Good computer skills in particular Excel
· Accurate / attention to detail
· Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
· Build relationships and develop a network
· Flexible working approach
If you would like to find out more about this position please contact Peter Davies at Mane Contracts on (phone number removed)
Pension, Bonus, Healthcare