Environmental Consultant / Scientist
Environmental Consultant / Scientist – Cambridge
* Management of a number of oil pollution and contaminated land projects
* Responsible for financial control of allocated projects including project driven invoicing, issuing of purchase orders, and chasing payment on outstanding and overdue invoices.
* Responsible for procurement and management of subcontractors for allocated projects. Ensuring that they provide the relevant health and safety method statements and risk assessments and that these procedures are followed throughout the works.
* Pro-active client management, maintaining good communication throughout the lifecycle of project, being aware of the Client's needs and providing regular progress reports and confirming any variances as they arise.
* Accountable for management and performance of projects and continued delivery of a high quality service, providing clear, commercially focused solutions.
* Preparation of project descriptions and collection of appropriate marketing photographs for projects managed.
* Undertake all aspects of fieldwork in accordance with Quality System / SOPs, as necessary, including the gathering of all necessary data for site investigations
* Conduct field surveys and collect data about levels of contamination on a site
* Carry out desk based research, interpreting data
* Compile technical reports based on findings
* Advise on best course of action based on findings
* Review of technical reports, letters, purchase orders, proposals and general correspondence prepared by others, prior to submission to management for formal review.
Health. Safety and Environment
* All employees must observe the company’s health, safety and environment rules and procedures as well as any site rules and procedures.
General Office / Field Duties
* Recording of all necessary documentation on provided forms, including timely completion of expense accounts and weekly completion of timesheets.
* Routine care, maintenance and calibration of all field equipment, including vehicles.
* Provision of general support to colleagues and complete additional exceptional tasks as directed.
Personal /Professional Skills
It is expected that you will:
* Have a science based degree
* Have at least 2 years relevant industry experience.
* Be an associate/member of appropriate professional body, maintaining necessary CPD requirements for chartership.
* Be able to identify, analyse and interpret problems effectively and determine appropriate action for their solution based on sound judgement.
* Ensure work quantity is timely, efficient and consistent with established company standards, maintaining high utilisation and billable time, keeping peers and managers informed of availability.
* Originate and develop the most cost efficient and effective solution, based on resources