Environmental Consultant / Scientist
Environmental Scientist – Cambridge
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Environmental Scientist. This role will be based from our office in Cambridge
You will be working on oil pollution and contaminated land investigations across East England.
This is a unique opportunity to manage a number of projects through from inception to completion and the role will involve both office and site-based work.
* Degree in a scientific field
* 2-5 years relevant industry experience
* Knowledge of Phase l and ll site investigations
* Knowledge of remediation techniques and application
* Good organisational and problem-solving skills
* Sound commercial awareness
* Understanding of project budgets and timelines
* Ability to communicate at all levels, with a multi-disciplinary teams, clients, subcontractors and members of the public
A full UK/EU driving licence is essential
Salary and Benefits
* Competitive salary between £21,000 – £30,000 depending on experience.
* Contributory pension scheme
* A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays and private healthcare
* Regular training and career development
We operate an open, welcoming and relaxed management culture that nurtures the continuous improvement and innovation of our workplace and employees. Our positive management culture has enabled us to achieve a staff turnover rate that remains consistently below the industry average.
Adopting a proactive growth strategy enables us to run a sustainable and profitable business while providing new and exciting career opportunities for all. As an entrepreneurial organisation, we encourage and foster the growth of our employees. When joining, a mentor will work besides you to ensure you set and achieve your goals. We further encourage Continuous Professional Development by opening opportunities for a promotional fast track, providing staff with a rewarding and challenging career and promoting employees to reach their full potential.
X recognises the importance employee retention has on establishing a successful organisation. With this knowledge in mind, we intend for all employees to maintain a healthy work life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working hours, locality flexibility, social activities, and community involvement projects. We also prides itself on supporting the health and wellbeing of our employees.
Listed as being one of the top 10 UK environmental consultancies (Environmental Analyst) and number 42 in the Sunday Times Fastrack 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK, there has never been a more exciting time to join X.
All candidates applying for positions with X must be eligible to work in the UK.
X is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
X is an Equal Opportunities Employer