We have an exciting opportunity for an Engineering Manager to join a manufacturing company based in the Northamptonshire area.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, as the Engineering Manager you will be responsible for the overall management of a team of 9 including a Maintenance Manager and 8 multi-level Technicians. There will be 2 direct reports.
You will cover all Maintenance and Engineering work on site including project-based activities.
– The planning and allocation of engineers work together with the Maintenance Manager. This will include both production and site services.
– Supporting and guidance of your team in the identification of maintenance opportunities and set a clear action plan to drive cost effective maintenance and plant efficiency.
– Investigation and driving of improvement projects to maximise operational effectiveness and minimise downtime
– Motivating, developing and leading your team of engineers creating a culture of continuous improvement and efficiency.
– Ensuring all Health & Safety guidelines are met and adhered to, also promoting all company values, policies and procedures in all aspects and areas of work.
– The Engineering Manager will have at least 5 years, proven experience in managing a successful team of multi skilled engineers.
– Will thrive in a small to medium sized business with varied role and close support to other departments.
– Will have gained their experience within a manufacturing environment, preferably Plastics processing / Extrusion / Blow-moulding
– Experience in managing multiple projects, implement improvement activities through site.
– Health & safety implementation ideally with a relevant qualification , NEBOSH etc
– Demonstrable experience of departmental budgeting and cost control.
– Knowledge of continuous improvement processes.
– Experience if running a PPM system
Days Role Monday – Friday
£50,000 – £55,000
Benefits on application
pension + holidays