We have a fantastic Temp contract till the end of December 2021 for an experienced Electrical Technician.
Must have solid electrical schematic / wiring skills and ideally knowledge of E-Plan. It is also important that you can be flexible and be able to work additional hours during the week if required
This role is based within our electrical production environment at our UK site in Swavesey. The technician will work on all aspects of system looming, panel wiring, and electrical assembly/sub assembly. Working to design schematics, layouts, and be able to handle tight deadlines
Objectives and Responsibilities:
* specialist electrical wiring and assembly
* wiring to electrical schematics (knowledge of E Plan is essential)
* general electro-mechanical build and assembly
* liaising closely with the Production Supervisor and the engineering team to ensure that the products are shipped on time and built to the technical brief.
* maintain the production area and equipment to ensure a safe, clean and organised environment.
Primary Task List
* Identify and assemble components to control panels
* Wiring systems using E Plan drawings
* Fabrications and fittings interconnecting cables
Secondary Task List
* Identifying and carrying out red line drawing changes
Qualifications and Experience:
* City & Guilds, BTEC in electrical/electro-mechanical engineering or equivalent qualification/experience
* Good electrical/electro-mechanical assembly background
* Possession of 17th edition wiring regulations certificate is an advantage
* PAT testing or electrical safety experience & qualifications is an advantage.
* Understanding of electrical schematic engineering drawings and principles
* IT literate
* good electro-mechanical assembly background
* good practical and technical skills
* understanding of electrical drawings and principles
* knowledge of current electrical regulations
* ability to work methodically and precisely
* ability to manage a varied workload in an efficient manner
* work well as part of a team
* have initiative and be able to take responsibility
* good communication skills
Working Conditions / Environment:
* The role will be based in within our production area. Must be capable of being on feet for 8 hours a day
* You will adopt the working practices of a company wide quality system.
* Standard day shift role, with significant flexibility required