Electrical Engineer – Weekends
Avocet Staffing are looking to recruit an experienced Electrical Engineer to work with our client at their factory in Sutton, Cambridgeshire.
Electrician Job Purpose
Uses a working knowledge of electrical systems to conduct maintenance, fault-finding, and diagnostics on existing systems including fixed wiring and machine control. Installs new electrical systems, including lighting, ring final circuits and machine control panel fault finding, to maintain those systems while upholding safety guidelines and complying with codes and regulations.
Electrician Job Duties
Work with the current maintenance team to:
* Diagnose and repair electrical problems in commercial, industrial and domestic electrical systems, including fault-finding, rewiring, and monitoring
* Use electrical test equipment to find faults in a multitude of circuits
* Assess the parts needed for a job and place orders for those parts
* Conduct routine maintenance and testing on commercial and domestic electrical systems, and ensure installations are to manufacturer standards, including in fire alarms, LV systems, motor starter, control circuits and feedback loops.
* Rewire faulty electrical systems, such as lighting, motors, control and feedback.
* Ensure good quality workmanship which upholds company standards, complies with relevant standards, and follows safety requirements
* Work alone to find and present faults and concerns in electrical systems without receiving explicit direction
* Install electrical systems to 17th/18th edition wiring regulations, including installing motors and feedback sensors
* Provide professional assessments and advice for customers
* Possess working knowledge of Siemens Building Management Systems and Phillips lighting systems
* Possess working knowledge of IEE regulations, City & Guilds 2360 and 2382 qualifications, and inspection and testing certificate (2391)
* Demonstrate familiarity with NICEIC requirements
* Be able to read and understand electrical schematic drawings for fault finding.
* Automation and PLC knowledge would be desirable.
* Software and programming skills would be desirable
* Experience of mechanical engineering work is desirable.
* Hours Friday 8.00am to 3.00pm. Saturday/Sunday/ Monday 8.00am to 4.00pm.
* 32 hours per week.
* Must be available and willing to work overtime when required, this is payable after the 32- hour working week
* Holidays- 19 days per annum + B/Hols
Skills and Qualifications
Previous Electrical Experience, Lighting, Wiring, Alarm Systems, Fire Prevention Systems, Strong Written and Verbal Communication, Electrical Maintenance, Risk Assessment, Electrician Apprenticeship, Diagnostics, Fault Finding, Organisation, Valid Driver's License, Initiative, Responsibility, Safety, Professional Appearance, computer literate.
Avocet Staffing are working as a recruitment company on behalf of our client. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of your application, please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion