Director of Finance
Title and Location:
Vacancy: Director of Finance
Location – Sale Road, Heartsease, Norwich.
What we offer:
Full time 37.5 Hours per Week
Salary Offered: £55000 (Dependant on experience)
Annual leave entitlement of 26 days
Free parking options available on site
Online Discounts Portal, Financial advice, Long Service Awards, Health & Wellbeing Program AND Personal Development and Job Specific Training
Comprehensive training programme with a focus on developing and expanding on your skills throughout employment with Norfolk and Waveney Mind
We are proud to offer our employees a sector leading staff benefits package: Details available upon application.
A Little about us:
* Please click on this link to hear more from our staff about working in our service:
* We have an investor in people certification
* We are the leading mental health charity in Norfolk and Waveney, providing services which make a real difference to people’s lives.
* We are a friendly, flexible and supportive employer.
* You will be working in strong partnership with Norfolk and Suffolk Foundation Trust (NSFT), Third Sector organisation, and Voluntary Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE) Sector.
* We work to reduce the stigma associated with mental health, support people in their recovery and champion better services for all.
* We believe that with the right support and resources everybody can create a life that feels meaningful to them.
* We are a fast paced and growing organisation, so career progression is open to all
* We are proud to announce that in our most recent staff surveys, the overwhelming majority of our employees are happy to refer others to our organisation, and enjoy our friendly/supportive team environment!
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer
Responsible for Finance Lead, ICT Lead, Estates & Facilities Manager, Business Intelligence Analyst
Provide strategic financial leadership and management to the organisation, including providing high-quality financial advice and information to Trustees, the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Executive Leadership Team (ELT).
Managing the financial assets and resources held by Norfolk and Waveney Mind to ensure that they are used legally and to their best effect and to further the charitable objectives of the organisation.
Provide strategic leadership and management of the organisation’s ICT, Estates, Procurement, Contracting and Business Intelligence functions.
Among other responsibilities you will:
* Lead and drive the development and implementation of the organisation’s financial strategy.
* Ensure the financial strategy secures the long-term future sustainability of the organisation and supports the delivery of the organisation's strategic plans.
* Attend Board of Trustees meetings, leading in presenting the analysis of our financial results and commercial position both in terms of current performance and potential.
* Develop and maintain the highest possible standards of financial management throughout the organisation
* Lead the organisation’s accounting function
* Manage financial risk within the organisation, including contributing to the organisation’s risk management strategy
* Ensuring robust treasury management processes are in place and adhered to in order to optimise the management of working capital and cash.
* Develop a budgetary control process, ensuring an annual budget is in place and monthly reporting is provided to service and function managers, including updates on projected outturn and corrective actions are taken where actual income and expenditure varies significantly from budgets.
* Continual review and development of financial information systems in order to deliver timely and accurate information and reporting.
* Ensure an internal control system is in place, including policies and procedures to safeguard the resources of the organisation
* Maintain financial discipline within the organisation through ensuring the implementation and regular review of accounting policies and financial instructions and procedures.
* Additional responsibility for supporting the business transformation process
* Provide financial modelling for new business opportunities, statutory reporting, develop and implement service contract processes and procedures to ensure contracts for services and grants are managed appropriately, ensure the organisation has an ICT strategy in place, ensure the organisation has an estates and facilities strategy in place, and ensure the organisation has robust and effective procurement processes and procedures in place.
* Develop the performance reporting processes in the organisation and ensure accurate, timely performance reports are produced.
What we are looking for:
* Proven experience in a similar busy role.
* Strategic financial planning experience.
* Experience in coaching as a leadership style would be advantageous.
* Degree educated and qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
* Man-management qualification, minimum ILM Level 5 or equivalent
Should you wish to have a friendly and informal chat about the role, please call
Robin Derrett on: (phone number removed)
Sector Leading Benefits