Development Controller (Maternity Cover)
Development Controller – Boston
25 days holiday
Highly competitive rewards package including Group Pension
Excellent career progression prospects across the Bakkavor group
We are the leading provider of fresh prepared food in the UK, with an international presence in the US and China.
Our 19,000 employees operate from 39 locations, developing and producing innovative food for a wide variety of occasions and budgets.
We thrive on challenges, looking for innovative ways to grow and improve our business further.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Development Controller to take charge of the development strategy for the business unit / sector ensuring strategies drive competitive advantage and stainable business growth by:
* Developing an organisational structure to deliver the business strategy
* Leading and inspiring development teams to realise their potential
* Ensuring customer relationships maintain strong bonds to deliver future growth
* Being a food ambassador and sector expert to both internal and external customers
You will need to be highly motivated with a drive to lead the development team to deliver against the strategy, you will bring with you a broad knowledge and experience from delivering success within the chilled food industry.
You will be:
* A strategic thinker who can unlock potential growth opportunities
* A pace setter of the function, inspiring teams to deliver within agreed time frames
* A passionate food professional who bring a wealth and broad food experience to the business
* An effective communicator through all levels of the business embracing and driving change
In addition you will have:
* The ability to empower teams with energy and positivity resulting in high functional engagement and results
* A food-based degree or relevant experience working with FMCGs and top UK retailers
* Demonstrable achievements that have 'made a difference' within top UK retailers
* Excellent people and team leadership skills
* The ability to influence drive and manage multiple projects at pace
* The ability to manage broad complexity across multi businesses and sectors.
* The understanding of commercial and marketing factors utilising skills to deliver growth
* The ability to influence business sector leadership teams to deliver the strategy
Leadership: Leads the development team in a calm, measured and considered manor ensuring pace is set to deliver business sector strategy and customer pipelines delivery
Influencing skills: Influences the shape and leads the implementation of business strategy across multi sites and sectors ensuring the business leadership team is aligned to the development strategy
Is seen as a sector food ambassador and expert influencing the leadership team and ensuring innovation is at the heart of the business
Making Money: Is focused on the strategic vision of the business managing the functional budget and organisational structure to ensure resource is in place to deliver the vision, development pipelines, customer expectations and profitable NPD
Is accountable for the effective delivery of both NPD and EPD into the business unit.
Driving Innovation & change: Continuously challenges the norm within the business questioning and driving smart ways of working
Inspirationally drives innovation through the business through a demonstrable level of sector knowledge
Category Management: Holds category expertise and the ability to identify new areas that can be exploited beyond the current category domain
Customer Management: Is aligned to customer top to top expectations of the business unit and can translate these to the team's development pipelines. Communicates at this level in a compelling, credible and effective manor
Developing People: Mentors and coaches teams and individuals both within their business unit and across multiple sectors to ensure future people development and succession
Accountable for Development team's appraisal
Communication: Effectively communicates to all levels within customer sets and internal business units managing expectations where required