As a Barclays Data Analyst, you will extract insight from the large amounts of data generated from transactions, applications, accounts and processes. You will need to use your critical analysis skills to translate data into insights which will drive improvement opportunities across the Barclays Fraud Management Team.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
This opportunity is location flexible. We will consider requests for locating the role at an alternative Barclays’ key UK office from that advertised.
What will you be doing?
• Deriving information from Fraud data and provide strategic insight to Fraud Management and Strategy Teams
• Creating and delivering key metrics that support decision making processes within Fraud
• Supporting the Fraud Management Team in delivering against the Insight Team’s prioritised agenda
• Ensuring appropriate governance, conduct and control risk frameworks and embedded in all relevant activities
• Providing data driven insight on key fraud areas – including business, customer, performance and industry insight
• Supporting the fraud management team in delivering large scale business and fraud projects
• Working with stakeholders around the business and building relationships throughout Barclays
What we’re looking for:
• Proven experience within data analysis
• A numerical / statistical degree such as Economics, Maths, Physics etc.
• Experience in SAS/SQL and data manipulation
• Ability to explain complex problems in an approachable manner
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Previous experience project management and fraud prevention would be beneficial
• An understanding of fraud prevention tools such as Hunter, Falcon and FISS would be desired
• Knowledge of credit card, loans or consumer finance industry
Where will you be working?
Northampton was the birthplace of Barclaycard in 1966 and we've been based in Pavilion Drive since the building opened in 1997. We purchased the building from the landlord in early 2018 as a sign of our commitment to investment in Northampton. Plans to further develop this Campus-style location are under way to allow for a real collaborative work environment. Based just off the A45 it is easily accessible by both car and bus routes