Customer Services Advisor
Customer Services Advisor
Akton Recruitment has a local authority role available for a Customer Service Adviser
This is a list of the main duties or tasks that the post holder will be expected to undertake.
* Answering customers enquiries by phone, using a headset and laptop, email, webchat, social media and face-to-face.
* Looking up information for customers on computers and either resolving their enquiries or providing them with other sources of information as necessary.
* Searching, reading and entering customer details and enquiries into a range of database systems.
* Using Microsoft Office products e.g. Outlook and Word.
* Dealing tactfully with complaints and escalating customer complaints appropriately; passing relevant feedback to managers to improve service delivery.
* Checking official documents e.g. Utility Bill, Driving Licence to verify customer identity for a range of services.
* Advising customers about their eligibility for a range of services.
* Processing customer applications for our services and assessing their eligibility for them against a range of statutory duties, guidelines and Council policies.
* Operating appointment booking systems.
* Processing payments including refunds and end of day reconciliation.
* Ability to work as part of a team to deliver the best outcomes for customers; deliver team aims and objectives e.g. to meet the required customer service standards as specified in service level agreements; to support less experienced members of staff.
* With specific regard to members of staff who receive Access to Work funding and as directed by the line manager, provide the following 1-2-1 support:
o Read documents to staff with visual impairments that they would otherwise be unable to read.
o Assist staff in answering customer enquiries.
o Look up information for staff to enable them to resolve customer enquiries or provide other sources of information, as necessary.
o Search for details of customer's applications on service specific databases to enable the provision of accurate and up-to-date information to customers.
o Accompany staff to relevant team and service specific meetings and training sessions.
* Working with other teams within the organisation, for whom we deliver services, to review performance, processes and suggest improvements to help resolve customer enquiries effectively.
* Ability to make independent decision and identify when to refer complex enquiries to relevant specialists and other teams within the organisation.
* When necessary, transferring or referring customers to outside organisations and partner agencies to resolve their enquiries.
* With specific regard to the Repatriation service, the ability to accurately follow a process within a tight timeline by working with a range of partner organisations and the ability to do this consistently, to safeguard the dignity of those being repatriated and the reputation of Oxfordshire County Council.
* With specific regard to the Translation service, the ability to broker between the internal customer and the external supplier regarding jobs and payment for them.
* Undertake any other tasks as directed by the line manager and which are commensurate with the grade for this job.
* Commitment to and understanding of Equal Opportunities for all in Employment and the delivery of services to customers.
* Familiarisation with the Council's policies on safeguarding children and vulnerable adults and acting in accordance with the inter-agency safeguarding procedures of the Oxfordshire Safeguarding boards.
*Oxfordshire County Council is re-organising office accommodation across the county, and the location of this post may change. The successful applicant for this position will be kept informed by his/her line manager of any proposed change in location