Cover Supervisor – Choice Teachers
*Cover Supervisor – Non qualified supply teacher*
Choice Teachers are currently working with a school in Harrow that require passionate cover supervisors on a temporary supply basis.
If you are looking to gain classroom experience before considering a career in education, or are enthused by the thought of assisting and helping students in a classroom independently, this is the opportunity for you!
The role of a Cover Supervisor is diverse and challenging but also very rewarding. As a Cover Supervisor in a secondary school, you will supervise whole classes during the short-term absence of secondary class teachers. You will be managing student behaviour in line with the school’s policies and procedures, as well as supporting students in undertaking learning activities across the curriculum.
*To excel in this role, you should*
* Be comfortable in being at the front of the classroom, managing a classroom and ensuring learners stay on task.
* Able to create a positive learning environment has good and strong classroom management
* Able to provide support to learners
* Present work from a lesson plan to the students
* Possess excellent communication skills
* Be confident and enthusiastic with a passion for helping children and young adults
* Adaptable, flexible, be able to work at short notice and get to school quickly
* Be able to manage large groups of students, some of whom may display challenging behaviour
* Be able to work on your own initiative
* Be strong, calm and assured in ensuring the students remain focused over the course of a lesson
*What Choice Teachers offer*
* Flexibility of your working days but will need to be able to cover the core school day of 8.30-3.30
* Competitive pay rates – All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
* Day to day or long-term placements to suit your needs.
* Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme
* Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
* Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations) – we make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
* Educated to A-level or Degree level is desired but not a necessity
* DBS Certificate on the update service or be able to obtain one
* Two professional references
* Right to work in the UK.
If you feel this is the role for you, please apply below! If you are not interested in this position but are looking for work in schools, please call us on 0208 1037707.
Our agency has evolved to become a successful, reliable and professional agency and is firmly established as the first-choice local agency for staff and schools alike.
Choice Teachers is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes all applicants from all suitably qualified persons. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Job Type: Temporary contract
Salary: £80.00-£90.00 per day
* Day shift
* Monday to Friday
* No weekends
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Walworth: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
* Enhanced DBS on the update system (preferred)
Work Location: One location
£80.00 to £90.00
This job was originally posted as: https://uk.whatjobs.com/coopob__cpl___1919_1982222__1685?utm_source=1685&utm_medium=feed&keyword=Cover-Supervisor&location=Harrow