HC-One are looking for a Chef with an S/NVQ2 in Catering & Hospitality or Professional Cookery, a minimum Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate, and an understanding of Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points.
We want you to have an amazing experience working at HC-One, starting with our commitment to providing the quickest possible turnaround from the point of making you a job offer to you starting with us on day one.You’ll be organised to meet service times, thrive on autonomy to plan, and prioritise and have a knack for following recipes perfectly. You will be passionate about food and understand the importance of good quality, home cooking to our Residents. And, whenever you communicate with a Resident or co-worker, you’ll be truly considerate and kind.
Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility and therefore it is important that you are able to recognise the signs which may indicate possible abuse, harm or neglect in its different forms and know what to do if there are any concerns. All colleagues are required to attend safeguarding training appropriate to their role and to undertake additional training in associated areas. You also have the ability to seek appropriate advice and report concerns, including escalation if action is not taken.
At HC-One, our purpose is to support those in our care to lead their best lives. As the Kind Care Company, it is our mission to provide the kindest support and care to Residents living in our care homes, as we strive to be the first-choice care provider for Families, our Colleagues and Commissioners in each of the communities that we serve.
We are passionate about ensuring that our current and future Colleagues can be their true selves, and that our workforce represents the communities we serve. We prioritise inclusive working practices and invite applicants from all backgrounds into our HC-One family.
We have a dedicated and professional workforce that strives to always deliver outstanding care. We care about our talented teams and support them in their professional and personal growth.
We are committed to developing people that work for us through robust career pathways, CPD and post graduate programmes.
We are a diverse and inclusive company, and we focus on learning from and with each other.
We’ll provide full training, so it’s a great opportunity to learn something new. In return, you will enjoy access to a huge variety of benefits and services to support your physical and psychological well-being and throughout your career as a Chef HC-One will invest in you with great opportunities to progress into regional and national roles:
- Great work life balance
- An hourly rate is subject to experience and qualifications
- Paid Enhanced DBS/PVG
- Free uniform
- During a shift of eight hours or more a nutritious meal will be available
- Company pension scheme
- 28 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Group life assurance cover
- Wagestream – financial wellbeing and flexible access to pay as you need it
- Award-winning learning and development and support to achieve qualifications.
- GP online – a service providing around the clock GP consultation via an interactive app – available to you and your children under 16
- An opportunity to learn from experienced colleagues as part of an outstanding and committed team.
- Colleague discounts – Access to over 1600 high street discounts including carefully selected discount partners.
- Wellbeing – free of charge access to an independent and confidential Employee Assistance Programme. This gives Colleagues and their family access to 24/7 365 support for a whole range of issues including physical, mental and financial issues
- Excellent recognition schemes such as ‘Kindness in Care’ and Long Service Awards
- An attractive refer a friend scheme of up to £1000 per referral, depending on the role
We are passionate about ensuring that our current and future Colleagues can be their true selves, and that our workforce represents the communities we serve. We prioritise inclusive working practices and invite applicants from all backgrounds into our HC-One family and we are committed to providing the quickest possible turnaround from the point of making you a job offer to you starting with us on day one with full support provided on your journey.
This job was originally posted as: https://thecareerwallet.com/stats/track/MTQxMzE1NTgxNC18LTE0NS18LTU=