Complaints Specialist – Part-Time, Job-Share and Full-Time
Location: Glasgow or Fareham, (Hybrid working, minimum 50% office based)
Salary: Up to £25,000 (based on experience)
Hours: 35 (Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm)
Closing Date: 22nd September 2023
We are looking for people who put the customer at the heart of everything they do, when dealing with complaints in a range of insurance products such as motor, property and travel insurance. If you’re interested in working in a dynamic and challenging environment for a company that recognises and rewards creativity, initiatives and contributions – then Zurich could be just the place for you.
At Zurich we understand that things will, occasionally go wrong. We also recognise that when this happens, it is our opportunity to not only put this right but to learn from it and make a difference in the future.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in handling complaints within the financial services industry, ideally insurance. We are therefore, looking for complaints handlers to join us helping customers when they need us most, by professionally assessing their complaint and reaching fair decisions promptly.
As a complaint handler you will be expected to effectively manage a caseload of customer complaints while liaising between our multiple functions, suppliers, and our customers to understand a full view of their end-to-end journey to reach an impartial, fair, and reasonable outcome for all parties.
Many of our employees work flexibly in a variety of different ways, including part-time, flexible hours, job share, an element of working from home or compressed hours. This is because we want the best people for our roles, and we recognise that sometimes those people aren’t available full-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you may need.
If you’re as passionate about delivering an outstanding service to our customers as we are and want to work in a supportive team and develop a long-term career then we want to hear from you.
The ideal candidate will be able to:
- Always demonstrate empathy towards our customers, whilst understanding the context of their challenges
- Investigate all complaints in a fair, consistent and effective way, engaging with a wide range of stakeholders as appropriate
- Identify and analyse key information to support decisions
- Deliver consistent, professional, prompt, and fair responses and communicate in a highly effective manner
- Ensure all regulatory principles are adhered to
- Manage a complaints caseload
- Support root cause and trend analysis
- Support our culture of continuous improvement within the team and wider business
- Utilise assertiveness, influencing and negotiating skills
- Be a great team player, demonstrating role model behaviours
- Demonstrate resilience and a positive can-do attitude whilst always acting with integrity
Your skills and experience:
- Experience in handling customer complaints within financial services, preferably insurance
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Technical knowledge of insurance guidelines and procedures advantageous
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Progressing towards professional development (e.g. CII)
This job was originally posted as: https://thecareerwallet.com/stats/track/MTQxMzE1NTY0MC18LTE0NS18LTU=