We are looking to recruit a Community Manager to join a dynamic care organisation committed to creating a hub where individuals can come together, share experiences, and contribute to a thriving community. The Community Manager will play a pivotal role in fostering a vibrant and connected local community and will be the driving force behind recruiting, training, and coordinating volunteers to ensure the smooth operation of the hub’s diverse programs and activities.
The role is managing the recruitment process, from interviewing and identifying the right role to onboard offering some training of volunteers.
The responsibilities of the Community Manager include developing and implementing a comprehensive volunteer recruitment strategy to attract a diverse group of tenants, while conducting orientations, training sessions and workshops to equip volunteers with the necessary skills and knowledge.
The Community Manager will maintain accurate volunteer records, track hours and recognize volunteer contributions through various appreciation initiatives and act as a liaison between volunteers and the hub management, addressing concerns and providing regular updates.
The duty of the Community Manager will also be to organize and oversee community events, workshops and outreach activities that align with the hub’s mission and values, such as planning and organizing regular volunteer meetings and an annual ‘Thank You’ event for volunteers, as well as assess and improve volunteer management processes based on feedback and evolving community needs.
Furthermore, the Community Manager will be responsible for leading special projects (e.g. supported volunteering, employee volunteering, Volunteers Week, volunteer initiatives etc.) and the management of shop volunteers, while overseeing the purchasing, selling and monitoring stock levels.
Do you have?
- Relevant experience in volunteer management, including recruitment, training, and coordination.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to connect with a diverse range of volunteers and community members.
- Strong organizational abilities and attention to detail to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Empathy, patience, and a passion for community building.
- Proficiency in using digital tools and platforms for communication and record keeping.
- A huge range of discounts at major retailers and supermarkets.
- 24/7 access to a GP either online or on the phone.
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme providing confidential advice.
- Access to a Wellbeing Hub which contains lots of articles and support with mental and physical wellness, free fitness and yoga videos and lots more.
- 4% employer pension contribution.
- Career development opportunities and access to an online learning management system.
- Free DBS checks and uniform for the Care Home Workers.
This job was originally posted as: https://thecareerwallet.com/stats/track/MTQxMzE1NTMyMy18LTE0NS18LTU=