Location: Bristol (some remote work available)
Salary: £35,000 – 43,000 (Flex)
Shaping a smarter, more agile world. "Join our organization, where we have a huge variety of projects on-the-go at any one time. So when you start this role with us, it could take your career wherever your interests lie. You'll find everyone here is willing to pitch in and help because we all want you to succeed, and we're ready to help you grow. When it comes to living your life, we want you to get the most out of it. So talk to us about all our flexible and remote working policies that can support your personal priorities. Also, ask us about some of our recent pledges for Women's Equality, as well as being a 'Disability Confident' and 'Inclusive Employer.'" Read More About How You Can Thrive With Us. The Commercial function provides advice on and analysis of commercial risks in the business, commercial sales and procurement guidance. The team commercially assess all bids and contracts, proving drafting as required. We also create bespoke agreements for presales and sales activity, including all supply chain agreements. Joining the current commercial team, the successful applicant will assist the team as directed. Initially you will be responsible for procurement focused activities, drafting and checking a range of agreements including subcontracts, NDAs, MOUs, teaming agreements, on occasion prime contracts and back to back subcontracts but as you gain experience you will be involved in all aspects of the work.
* Analysis and agreement of NDAs, MOUs, teaming agreements
* Drafting and agreement of subcontracts
* Management of procurement activities including competitive and non-competitive tendering
* Commercial input to internal governance and approvals processes
* Attendance at bid and project governance meetings
* Providing commercial support as required to sales and proposal development teams, including developing the commercial elements of tender responses
* Coaching non-commercial staff in commercial and procurement issues
* Providing commercial support throughout project delivery
* Commercial risk identification, mitigation and management
* Develop commercial processes and procedures
* Reviewing and approving tenders, sub- and prime contracts, ensuring adherence to company requirements and procedures
What you can bring?
* A demonstrated track record in commercial and/or procurement management
* Experience in both commercial sales and procurement activities
* Strong interpersonal skills, the ability to develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders
* Ability to deal with complex commercial issues, analyze, interpret and draft contractual wording with a strong attention to detail.
* Experience of negotiating contract terms with suppliers and clients
* The ability to manage multiple concurrent priorities and deadlines under pressure
* Experience in sales and procurement commercial management, with a willingness to work in both fields
* Willingness to develop into a commercial expert in the services delivered by the business
* Willingness to undergo continued skills expansion and development in order to take on additional responsibilities and wider business role
* Preferred Bristol based role, other locations considered
* SC clearance or ability to gain and maintain SC clearance
* Experienced in the use of Word and Excel
* A degree in law/business studies/engineering or equivalent
* Knowledge of UK MOD, defence industry, aerospace, management consulting contracts.
* Knowledge of NEC4
* Understanding of UK export controls & ITAR.
* Knowledge of contractual documents used throughout the business development cycle including NDAs, MOUs, teaming agreements, subcontracts, prime contracts in a range of industries.
* Knowledge of intellectual property rights and protection, including exploitation agreements, software licensing, reseller agreements.
* You will be well organized, commercially minded, enthusiastic and keen to learn and to continue to learn, with excellent written and verbal communication skills. You will have a creative and pragmatic approach to problem solving