Cnc Setter Operator – Trapeze Recruitment Services Ltd
The successful applicant will be responsible for setting and operating CNC multi-tasking lathes to manufacture components from raw material (bar stock) for internal assembly flow lines, to the highest quality and on time.
Working Hours: Rotating Double Day shift pattern (Week 1: Monday to Friday 6am-2pm; Week 2: Monday to Thursday 2pm-10.30pm and Friday 2pm-7.30pm), totalling 37.5 hours per week.
This position offers a very competitive salary and excellent overall benefits.
Role and Responsibilities
* Operating CNC multi-tasking lathes in order to manufacture components from raw material.
* Setting and operating CNC lathes to produce small to medium size batches of work in a timely manner.
* Inspecting work to Engineering drawings using various measuring equipment and reporting any quality defects to the machine shop supervisor.
* Daily, weekly and monthly maintenance checks on machines, including maintaining good housekeeping standards, 5S requirements and reporting any issues promptly to supervision
* Optimising efficiencies through reduced set-up and cycle times, plus tool life monitoring
* De-burring, cleaning, final inspection and completion of all traceability documentation
* Practical, hands on experience setting and operating multi-spindle, multi-axis CNC lathes, with a minimum of 3 axis
* Fanuc controls experience
* Experience within a low batch component manufacturing industry
* Previous experience in cycle time reduction, and tool management and optimisation
* Ability to accurately measure and inspect work
* Ability to read and understand technical drawings with the ability to work with minimal supervision
* Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
Remuneration & Benefits
* Competitive hourly pay and shift premium
* Group Personal Pension Plan
* Life Assurance
* 25 days holiday per year + bank holidays
Only suitable candidates will be directly contacted about this position and we will not store or process the data of candidates in any way unless consent has been obtained
This job was originally posted as: https://uk.whatjobs.com/coopob__cpl___770_42563643__1685?utm_source=1685&utm_medium=feed&keyword=Cnc-Setter-Operator&location=Whitstable