Location: You will be permanently working from HMP Highpoint, Cambridgeshire, CB8 9YG
Salary: £18K per annum
Contract: Full time, Permanent
We are Gov Facility Service Ltd, a non-profit company owned entirely by the Ministry of Justice, supplying facilities management services to 50 prisons over the South and East of the UK with an employee count of 1400.
Here at GFSL, we work to maintain our prisons 365 days a year, which means that one of our dedicated recruitment team will be here to review applications through the Christmas period.
Please be assured that we will be working as normal to process your application and we will respond to you if your application is suitable.
Why join us?
* Key workers status due to the critical work that we undertake to maintain the prison estate.
The GFSL work environment offers variety, a positive team culture with opportunities to develop your skills and experience.
In addition to stability and job security, if you are successful, you will be offered a competitive salary along with 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) and entry into our pension scheme from day one. We also offer health and well-being benefits including our Employee Assistance Programme and Life Assurance.
We are seeking a Cleaning Operative to assume responsibility for the following:
* All cleaning activities to the required standard in the designated areas.
* Using the appropriate method and cleaning equipment such as floor polishers, vacuums etc
* Undertake rubbish removal to outside bins/recycling areas
* Maintain clean areas outside establishment.
You must be able to demonstrate the following Qualifications and Experience:
* At least 2 years’ experience in a similar cleaning role.
* Knowledge of COSHH.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Excellent organisational skills / Time management / Ability to prioritise and organise own workload / able to work to deadlines.
* Good attention to detail.
* A great team player.
You will need to meet our stringent vetting requirements and satisfy pre-employment checks.
If this sounds like the ideal role, please apply today and we will be in touch.
No agencies please