Claims Quantity Surveyor
Claims Quantity Surveyor – Peterborough – Very attractive package
ALH Recruitment are looking to recruit a Claims Quantity Surveyor in the Peterborough area with immediate effect. This is a rare opportunity to enhance your QS career as a Construction Claims Consultant with a leading UK QS Claims Consultancy.
As a Construction Claims Consultant, you will be responsible for providing Construction Clients with effective and accurate contractual and claims advice in respect of all types of construction contract problems and disputes, providing commercial solutions and managing Client expectations.
You will already be a commercial expert in your field and comfortable in leading and representing Clients in legal or ADR proceedings including prosecuting and defending adjudications and acting as an Expert Quantity Surveyor compliant with CPR.
The role is dynamic in that you will be expected to serve the Employer, Contractors and Sub-Contractors and you will be very experienced in the procurement and management of construction contracting.
The role will require an individual that has exceptional forensic examination and analysis skills in matters of delay analysis and quantum evaluation, that when completed are put into a cogent report or argument that sets out the facts and the law, which can be presented as a formal legal position on behalf of the Client moving the matter forward to a negotiated settlement or proceedings.
Responsibilities & Skills:
* Have traditional Quantity Surveying experience including measurement, valuation and contract drafting, ideally with a contractor background
* Evaluating and legally interpreting documents and the client’s legal position, identifying the strengths and weaknesses of each problem / disputed matter and advising accordingly.
* Provide expert advice on construction contracts, contracting and construction dispute law
* Reporting and procuring on all QS aspects, deadlines, programming, onerous clauses, delays, liquidated damages, defects, contra charges, payment rights, notices and the performance all those involved in managing the project.
* Expert in quantum and delay analysis, facts and evidence appraisal
* To ensure projects both non-contentious and rescued are delivered in accordance with the contract
* To appraise the Clients strategy options and their contractual and commercial position
* Preparation, negotiation and presentation of quantum, delay and disruption claims
* Providing CPR compliant Expert evidence reports in respect of quantum and delay analysis
* Taking the Client’s legal position forward into negotiation, settlement or proceedings
* BSc (Hons) in Quantity Surveying (or similar, a 2:1 or higher preferred)
* A Member or Fellow of The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
* Ideally possess a Construction Law related legal qualification such as a degree or adjudication or arbitration course (CIArb, RICS or other) or a willingness to enrol to such a course.
* Minimum 5-10 years of major infrastructure project experience ideally with a contractor or sub-contractor
* Extensive knowledge of the main standard forms of contract including JCT and NEC
* Must be able to demonstrate the necessary experience and expertise in producing delay & disruption claims
* Experience of dispute avoidance and resolution including adjudication
* Possess excellent professional, communication and negotiation skills
* Have a keen interest in construction contract law and an ambition for further qualification in practical construction law
* Take on the opportunity with a drive to succeed and progress to Director level in the firm
A formal application, references and one or more interviews will be required. Applications are invited from established senior Quantity Surveyors with a clear ambition to further their career in the field of claims consultancy and have the drive to go the extra mile for the firm. Training and CPD events will be supported as required.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to step into this exciting position, please apply below