JOB TITLE: CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER (CFO)
REPORTING TO: CEO and Board of Directors
DIRECT REPORTS: FINANCIAL MANAGERS, ACCOUNTANTS, ACCOUNT EXECUTIVES
• The position is responsible for all finance and accounting operations of the VAREO Group, including, but not necessarily limited to, the production of periodic financial reports, debt structuring/restructuring, financial planning, compliance and government filings, financial modeling, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, corporate reports, corporate funding, project funding, investor relations and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, maximize profitability, enhance the accuracy of VAREO Group’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
• Direct VAREO Group’s financial operations and formulate strategies to ensure the
achievement of corporate goals and strategic business objectives.
• Provide financial leadership and maintain control of all VAREO Group’s financial
matters in order to safeguard VAREO Group’s assets.
• Advise VAREO Group on financial matters by reviewing draft contracts and rendering advice to the relevant stakeholders to facilitate the VAREO Group in fulfilling its business commitments successfully.
• Respect, adhere and enhance VAREO Group’s reputation for safety, excellence and moral integrity, remaining vigilant to identify risk areas and opportunities in accordance with Contract(s), VAREO Group’s Policies and Procedures, Regulatory Authorities, Code of Ethics and Business Conduct and national, state and federal Legislation, as may be applicable.
• Maintain the highest standards of financial integrity and compliance.
• A mature individual who understands the business priorities of VAREO Group by closely planning and monitoring budgets, identifying critical financial paths, red flag when required and aligning with Organisation’s vision.
• The Incumbent commands unblemished trust from peers, superiors and subordinates
in his/her capabilities to deliver and meet the Organisation’s strategic business needs.
CFO Responsibilities encompass a variety of critical financial activities including strategy development, meaningful reporting, financial planning, financial management, revenue collection, debt structuring, regulatory and compliance filing, payroll oversight and more.
• Develop and implement short-term and long-term financial plans in line with VAREO Group’s strategic objectives.
• Undertake due diligence and feasibility studies as part of the Group’s business
development and expansion activities.
• Oversee the timely submission of consolidated financial statements of VAREO Group as per statutory requirements.
• Oversee the consolidation of financial and management reports Group-wide.
• Ensure that budgets and forecasts are prepared and approved in a timely manner based on consultations with the Heads of the various Business Units.
• Ensure timely and accurate reporting of operational matters such as labour utilization, productivity analysis and advise senior leadership on the financial implications of operational decisions.
• Review, evaluate and ensure validity of all business transactions and plans proposed by senior management.
• Ensure the cash flow position of Group-wide is maintained in good order to effectively support its business activities.
• Establish an operational and financial audit system to assure maintenance of the integrity of financial reporting.
• Liaise with external auditors, review recommendations, and enhance policies and processes where necessary.
• Oversee VAREO Group’s overall tax planning efforts.
• Oversee the overall collection of revenue for VAREO Group.
• Ensure that the internal controls on payroll, payment processing and revenue collection work efficiently and effectively and are reviewed periodically.
• Ensure VAREO Group’s finance related processes have adequate internal controls.
• Oversee the effective processing of payroll.
• Oversee and monitor the accuracy of all payments made.
• Identify the necessary skill sets and resources required to develop an effective financial department to meet business requirements.
• Set and communicate performance targets for financial staff to ensure alignment of the individual’s objectives to corporate objectives.
• Lead, co-ordinate, guide, develop and motivate staff in their work performance.
QUALIFICATIONS, PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
• Degree in Accounting or Finance with professional chartership – CPA or otherwise. A Master’s degree in Finance or Business is an advantage.
• More than 20 years of work experience of which 12 to 15 years should be in a managerial role overseeing financial and managerial accounting.
• Experience working in energy and water sectors and/or CAPEX project environment with a multinational corporate structure preferred.
• Knowledge in intercompany transactions, FOREX and taxation requirements.
• Excellent leadership skills and ability to influence, mentor, and build relationships to ensure Corporate and Project financial risks can be mitigated, and all opportunities exploited.
• Sound knowledge and understanding of financial management.
• Excellent negotiating skills to be able to work with customers (both internal and external) to meet business and / or project objectives.
• Analytical skills associated with developing and utilizing performance measures and cost savings.
• Conversant in operating in a ‘Functionally’ structured organization and Accounting
Standards, IFRS, Company’s Act and Corporate Governance best practices.
• Demonstrated Advanced level of proficiency with Microsoft applications (including but not limited to Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) for the purpose of word processing, presentations, spreadsheets and information retrieval.
• Superior interpersonal, organizational, analytical, managerial and communication skills.
• Office location. Occasional visits to project sites for client meetings when required.
• Occasional business travel may be required for shareholders, clients, projects, contractors, suppliers and/or stakeholders’ meetings.
• Regular evenings, weekend and public holidays work may be required to accommodate work demands and countries in different time zones.
This job was originally posted as: https://click.appcast.io/track/io582fj?cs=pek&exch=77&jg=6vy4&bid=fE9n6ftoIAwtQhxjS1v68Q==&ob=gKGKczEaP5aVhjoEfZ_3-Q==&cat=da