Chartered Building Surveyor
Chartered Building Surveyor
£30,000 – £45,000 – Dependent on Experience
Our well established client who cover residential warranties and also building control services are now looking to expand their team and are seeking a Chartered Building Surveyor.
Surveyors are responsible for identifying defects and risk manage projects on behalf of our insurers from initial instruction to completion of works. The main purpose of the role is to identify and eliminate a potential defect that may cause a claim over the 10- or 12-year structural warranty period.
Conduct site inspections on behalf of our client and provide quality assessments, report on defects, structural faults and recommendations to our clients via the generation of a report which is generated via an on-site Application.
To manage both the expectations of our insurers and the client.
To provide professional conduct on-site and provide a professional service to our clients.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to –
* Inspecting newly constructed and / or converted properties, working closely with Developers and Builders to ensure as far as is reasonably possible the works are in accordance with the Technical Manual and Building Regulations
* Effectively self-manage, by forward planning own workload, to provide a responsive, helpful and professional service whilst efficiently managing time spent on site
* Recording inspection details on the data base and communicating comments to customers
* Ongoing liaison with Surveyors and Management on technical matters – to ensure that standards are being maintained and procedures adhered to
* Ongoing liaison with Developers / Clients / Builders, offering technical advice and guidance
* Provide advice to underwriting team on technical queries
* Undertake any other duties as reasonably required
Experience and Qualifications Required
* Chartered Membership of (RICS, CABE, CIOB) or working towards
* NVQ Level 6 in a construction related degree or equivalent
* At least 3 years practical experience in the construction industry
* Demonstrable experience in checking plans for compliance with building regulations and associated legislation
* Full UK driving license
* Proficient in MS Office
* Building control inspection experience
* Knowledge of relevant legislation and environmental issues
About ATS Recruitment
ATS Recruitment are a specialist agency supplying skilled candidates into the high technology engineering and construction industries on both a permanent and contract basis.
We are extremely experienced and knowledgeable about the sectors we recruit into and have several large national (UK) and international clients who repeatedly use our services.
Please visit our website for our latest roles and news.