Temporary Full Time
We are looking for a Catering Assistant / Caterer / Ward Host to start in Norfolk & Norwich Hospital, Norwich
Job Role: Catering Assistant / Caterer / Ward Host / Housekeeper / Picker & Packer
Location: Norwich, NR4 7UY
Pay: £10.37 PH – Monday to Friday
Pay: £14.62 PH – Saturday
Pay: £18.98 PH – Sunday
Duration: Long-Term Shifts:
06.30am – 14.30pm Monday – Friday
15.00pm – 20.30pm Monday – Friday
16.00pm – 20.00pm Monday – Friday
07.00am – 19.00pm 4 on / 4 off
15.00pm – 20.30pm Saturday & Sunday
Job Description: Catering Assistant / Caterer / Ward Host
* To ensure that patients are provided with appropriate meals, snacks, and beverages at the agreed intervals throughout the day.
* Taking food orders using the tablet electronic ordering system (Saffron) at the agreed time for lunch and supper each day.
* Maintain bedside menus in good condition and cleaned daily.
* To maintain the suite of special and therapeutic menus and present them to patients who require them.
* To prepare hot/cold beverages including loading appropriate trolley/equipment and ensuring that all beverages are served at the correct temperature according to food hygiene regulations.
* Load regeneration ovens as necessary and monitor and record food temperatures.
* To ensure that at the end of every meal and beverage service all cutlery, crockery, and condiments are removed from the patient areas.
* To wash utensils used in the preparation, regeneration, and serving of food and beverages including the cutlery, trays, and crockery used for patients.
* To ensure the ward kitchen hygiene standards are maintained.
* To monitor and record fridge and freezer temperatures daily in accordance with food safety regulations and report problems as appropriate.
* To ensure patients whose fluid intake is not medically restricted have access to fresh drinking water, 2 water jug changes per day, including ad hoc top-ups.
* To maintain food safety and hygiene standards in your place of work and apply the food safety procedures applicable in your work area.
* Demonstrate high standards of courteous interaction with patients and Trust staff to optimise patient food and beverage consumption.
* Ensure that all work is carried out in line with the client and Trust Health and Safety, Quality, policies, and procedures and that all documentation and work records are completed accurately.
* Undertake any other ad hoc duties as prescribed by your Team Leader / Supervisor / Manager and within the scope of skill and capability.
* Right to work in the UK
* DBS (Standard)
If Interested, please contact Workforce Resourcing on (phone number removed)