Buyer – eCommerce Goods
Your role will be to provide essential procurement of products for a growing organisation who are in an exciting stage of their growth. They are an established group and have been around for 40 year – their reputation is based upon providing high-quality products and value for money for their Clients.
This is a Buying role and you'll be in charge of some large budgets. Your key responsibilities will be…
* Research, select and purchase quality products and/or materials in line with our Client’s business model
* Build relationships with suppliers and negotiate with them for the best price, ensuring a win/win outcome for both parties
* Process requisitions and provide updates for board level on status of orders
* Update inventory and ensure stock levels are kept at appropriate levels
* Arrange for delivery/transport of goods purchased to ensure timely delivery
* Analyse market trends and apply this knowledge to make insightful buying decisions
* Coordinate with management and sales teams as required
* Assess the quality of stock received and escalate any discrepancies to suppliers and management
We are looking for a competent and conscientious individual who can show demonstrable experience of negotiating the best prices for quality products. Skills we seek…
* Relevant commercial buying experience
* Excellent computer skills (Excel, Word Outlook)
* Appropriate software skills
* Critical thinking and negotiation skills
* Interpersonal excellence
* Ability to develop relationships
* Strong numerical skills
You'll need strong communication skills and be exceptionally well-organised – you'll be working as part of a busy team and be able to help ensure the smooth running of your own workload. It might be that you are from a Sales background and so negotiating successfully is 'second nature'. Experience within the Healthcare, PPE or Janitorial industries would help. High levels of numerical excellence are also expected. Experience in purchasing goods or products from overseas will help.
Send me your CV for immediate consideration. Prompt feedback is guaranteed.
This is a full-time, permanent role based in Central Hampshire. Salary is £25k – £30k p.a. depending upon experience.
We believe this role is commutable from Southampton, Andover, Winchester, Reading, Basingstoke, Swindon and large parts of Hampshire, Berkshire and Wiltshire.
No terminology used in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, race, sex, etc… Both prosperIS and are client are Equal Opportunity Employers.