Due to continuous growth, we are looking for an enthusiastic and energetic Buyer to join our fantastic team at Pico Technology in St Neots. The Buyer will be supporting the Purchasing Manager in finding the best quality electronic components in the best prices. You will be working with other members of the Purchasing, Operations, Compliance and Quality, Engineering and Finance teams.
• Procuring product at the best possible price within the requested time frame.
• Building and developing relationships with our existing supply base as well as identifying potential new suppliers. Working to improve performance with regards to delivery, documentation and quality.
• A successful candidate will be able to challenge the norms, drive improvements and form positive relationships to gain commitment for improvements to processes.
• Order placement
• Negotiate prices
• Expediting and supplier order book management
• Maintain procurement data
• EU Regulatory Directives (RoHS and REACH)
• CE Directives (DofC’s)
• Data collection – supplier part numbers/datasheets/Cognidox info
• Supplier Approval process
• Supplier Documentation – ISO/Environmental etc.
• Supplier Meetings and Minutes
• Environmental best practices
• Supplier performance
• Implementing Supplier consignment/BIM/VIM Agreements
• Supplier quality/Audits
• New Product/Accessory introduction
• Invoice matching/queries
• Provide additional support in the day to day buying and activities of the team in times of high workload or absence
Ideal candidate will have great attention to detail and energy to suggest improvements to the existing process rather than just following set patterns. Excellent proficiency in Excel, MRP and ERP is essential for the role. Previous experience of working within electronics/electrical/mechanical designers/manufacturers and Driving License is highly desirable. CIPS qualifications is not essential, but nice to have.
If you think that you have the above skills and you would like to join a well-established manufacturer of innovative test and measuring solutions apply now!
Pico Technology is an employee friendly company, where everyone feels like part of the family. We are offering flexible working hours, which suit many different lifestyles, with core hours from 10am till 3pm along with profit related bonus. Additional benefits include starting holiday allowance of 31,5 days holidays (including Bank Holidays), increasing 1 day for each year, Christmas shut down 4 x Life Assurance and option to book a stay in one of the three company holidays homes. Moreover, we encourage many social activities such as playing arcade games in the kitchen, gathering around the table football or having a lunch on the benches in our garden. Each team receives a fun fund, which can be used to purchase team lunches, social activities or days out