Business Support Co-ordinator
A great opportunity to join Suffolk County Council's Safeguarding and Reviewing Officer Service as a Business Support Co-ordinator, working from West Suffolk House, Bury St Edmunds.
We require a skilled Business Support Coordinator who is proactive, effective and positive to provide support to our Safeguarding Teams. This is a great opportunity to work within the challenging but rewarding area of Children and Young People’s Service.
As part of the Safeguarding and Reviewing Officer business support team you will be responsible for
* Providing exceptional administrative and minute taking support to the Safeguarding Service countywide which incorporates Children in Care, Child Protection and the Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO) Service
* Establishing and maintaining necessary administrative systems to efficiently support the Safeguarding Service.
* Day to day management of extremely busy mailboxes and calendars
The role provides a vital support service to the Safeguarding Managers and Independent Reviewing Officers across the County.
You will need
* To be able to take minutes to a high standard.
* To deal with sensitive issues on a daily basis.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Deal with conflicting demands in an extremely busy environment.
You can view a full list of requirements in the Job and Person Profile.
* Provides exceptional business support to a team of Independent Reviewing Officers/Conference Chairs, Safeguarding Managers and LADO's.
* Fast paced job with ever changing priorities
* Great opportunities for in house training and development across all areas of the service.
We will offer you
* Equal opportunities in a culturally diverse and inclusive environment
* Incorporation into a hybrid model of working and forward thinking team
* Working alongside a team of motivated co-ordinators you will become part of a countywide team offering peer support and challenge.
Travelling requirements for your role
* Infrequent Travel – We positively encourage the use of technology to communicate and engage, but on occasions, there may be a requirement for you to travel using reasonable and suitable means available to you. If you require a reasonable adjustment due to a disability to meet the travel requirements of this role, please speak with the contact detailed below.
Due to the continued situation relating to COVID-19 and reduced occupancy in our buildings we are starting to explore and trial new hybrid and remote working practices. If you wish to discuss how that might impact your working arrangements, please contact the recruiting manager listed above