Very well established but growing manufacturer of metal components and sub assemblies to OEMs is looking to recruit a Business Development / Sales Manager – Engineered Components to OEMs to play a major part in their ten year growth plan.
BASIC SALARY: £50,000- £60,000
· OTE: £70,000 – £80,000
· Car Allowance
· Contributory Pension Scheme
· Laptop, Mobile etc
· Full Out of Pocket Expenses
· 25 Days Holiday plus stats.
LOCATION: Daventry, Northamptonshire
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Northampton, Coventry, Rugby, South Birmingham, Warwick, Nuneaton, Hinckley, Leicester, Milton Keynes,Towcester, Brackley, Banbury, Bicester, Kettering, Wellingborough, Lutterworth, Leamington Spa, Market Harborough
JOB DESCRIPTION: Sales Manager, Business Development Manager, Technical Sales Manager -Engineered Components to Automotive, Off Road, Agriculture, Construction, Coach/ Bus, Truck, Power Gen, Marine, Rail, Medical & General Engineering OEMs
Reporting into the Owner / Managing Director, this Sales Manager role is a senior sales and new business development role which will make a major impact on my client’s growth and success in the next five to ten years and to share in the benefits of that success both financially and career wise.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: Sales Manager, Business Development Manager, Technical Sales Manager – Engineered Components to Automotive, Off Road, Agriculture, Construction, Coach/ Bus, Truck, Power Gen, Marine, Rail, Medical & General Engineering OEMs
· A mix of new business development and account development promoting my client’s capabilities to OEM and first tier markets across the UK .You will be selling premium quality, bespoke, ideally added value solutions to clients not just price based “commodity” components.
· The company have large customers in automotive, agricultural, construction, and off road vehicle, bus / coach truck, power gen, marine, rail, medical and general engineering markets, and see potential across all these and new markets leveraging from their existing successes.
· A multi level / decision maker sell often with long lead times you will need to be credible and able to present at a high level but with the tenacity to get in front of people and present to senior engineering and procurement / buying decision makers at potential customers, ideally at “design-in” stage, and follow up to make sure the business is secured and then developed.
· Significant growth has already been achieved without a totally dedicated new business function so they know their is huge potential for growth with this new appointment.
· You will also be responsible for marketing including website content generation and updating.
· There could be potential to recruit and expand the sales and marketing function with success in the role and company growth.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Sales Manager, Business Development Manager, Technical Sales Manager – Engineered Components to Automotive, Off Road, Agriculture, Construction, Coach/ Bus, Truck, Power Gen, Marine, Rail, Medical & General Engineering OEMs
To be considered for this potentially very rewarding Sales Manager role financially and in terms of career progression and enhancement you will:
· Have a proven track record selling components to OEMs, preferably with some relevant market and / or product experience. Ideally this will be a premium quality, preferably bespoke engineered solution.
· Be able to generate new business, be strategic and credible with business acumen with excellent presentation skills, but with the drive and tenacity to get in front of decision makers, follow up and secure and then develop business.
· Have a solid mechanical and / or production engineering background and / or qualifications.
· Any marketing knowledge via qualification or experience is preferable but not essential.
Established for over 40 years my client is privately owned, profitable and debt free, with an £8 million turnover and 60 staff, the present Owner / Managing Director took over three years ago and has grown the business significantly since with plans to further grow the business organically & by acquisition to £20 million by 2030.
They manufacture and supply a wide range of engineered and fabricated metal components and sub systems to a wide range of markets including OEMs and 1st tier suppliers in the automotive, off road, construction, agriculture, coach, bus & truck, power gen, marine, rail, medical & general engineering markets.
They are now looking to complete their senior management team by recruiting a Sales and Marketing Manager.
Are excellent with a genuine opportunity to recruit and manage a sales team funded by growth and become a Director.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Sales Manager, Sales Director, Business Development Manager, Sales Engineer, Technical Sales Manager- Engineering Components to Automotive, Agriculture, Construction,Coach, Bus Truck, Power Gen, Marine, Rail, Medical & General Engineering OEMs
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
REF: RP17304, Wallace Hind Selection
This job was originally posted as: https://thecareerwallet.com/stats/track/MTQ1MDc3OTA5Mi18LTE0NS18LTcw