Business Development Manager
An East Anglian based market leader in manufacturing and quality inspection systems is actively recruiting for a Business Development Manager. This role will play a key part within both their sales team and the business.
In this role you will be responsible for the following: –
* Creating new business development strategies across a global marketplace
* Identify new business opportunities within pre-defined geographic areas.
* Service, maintain and understand your new developed customer base.
* Direct selling along with Managing and developing agent and dealer networks.
* Develop and implement sales and marketing strategies on your own initiative.
* Proactively support the sales team with your ideas and plans
* Understand, interpret & report on self-sourced market data across a specified territory base.
* Communicate efficiently across all business departments including product design, production and finance as well as with senior management & directors.
* Look for product ideas and gaps in the market where the company could develop these ideas.
This is a key position and the successful applicant will be instrumental in terms of managing and creating new business sales, you will be responsible for selling directly to end users of our products along with also managing and appointing new agents/distributers in various global territories to further develop our market presence.
You will regularly review agents/distributers performance along with supporting them within their territories. As their business is global you will have the exciting opportunity to travel internationally to visit various countries. You should be confident in travelling both alone and with colleagues.
The successful applicant should ideally possess the following skills:-
* Proven experience of developing new business ideally within a technical industry.
* Ability to understand and sell products at a technical level.
* Strong proactive management skills
* Strong commercial awareness
* Excellent organisational and reporting skills.
* Be very driven, positive and self-motivated.
* A reflective and collected approach to problem solving under pressure.
* An ability to form strong professional relationships with key decision makers at all levels both internally and externally.
* Be able to sell and communicate on all platforms, face to face, telephone, email etc.
* Ideally have a proven track record in the sales process of high capital cost equipment
* Have a understanding of cultural differences and be able to adapt to different situations
* Be able to travel internationally and on occasion sometimes at short notice.
* Energy and enthusiasm are prerequisites for this role.
One of the key requirements of the successful candidate will be that you are a self-driven, fully committed and have a positive attitude with a desire to succeed