Business Development Manager
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: up to £40,000, Company car & 10% bonus.
Job Elements: –
* Responsible for achieving profitable, sustainable growth. This focuses on delivering substantial levels of new business by generating sales opportunities from new, existing, and previous customers.
* Develop a good knowledge of customers' business, requirements and product lines, risk assess competition, determine estimates of demand, and identify the procurement sequence in order to secure opportunities applicable to the company's core capabilities and business plan.
* Build strong and trustworthy relationships at all levels of the customer’s organisation including engineering, quality, project, and procurement staff. Develop and qualify target opportunities, conduct frequent visits to the above with both established and potential customers (UK & Mainland Europe predominantly).
* Generate cost models in order to provide the expected levels of return for the Group.
* Respond quickly to customer enquiries and ensure that the presentation of RFQ response data ensures the company’s engineering & technical capabilities are showcased in addition to the formal commercial offer.
* Ensure that all customer timeline requirements are met
* Maintain up to date market intelligence on programme development, competitor activity and technical innovation; present well thought out recommendations for future Company development.
* Attend customer events, UK & international conferences as well as trade fairs etc.
The ideal candidate will have:
* Business or relevant degree with an MBA would be desirable.
* Proven experience of developing business for product/solutions that are supplied from Tier 1 companies into OEM’S.
* A proven track record of successfully pitching for and winning new business as well as in increasing revenue through generation of leads.
* Previous commercial and relationship management experience within a technical industry is essential; you must be able to understand engineering concepts and communicate information clearly (technical or non-technical) to internal stakeholders and customers.
* A good leader with strong “soft skills”, an understanding of people behaviour and the self-awareness to react appropriately.
* Good written and verbal communication skills together with strong negotiation, personal presentation and organisational abilities are a pre-requisite for the role.
* Sound IT Skills, including proficiency with MS Office applications.
* Valid UK Driving licence & Passport – Willing and able to travel globally and at times, at short notice.
Petrie Recruitment Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers
plus Company car & 10% bonus