Building Surveyor (Property)
Greenacre Recruitment are working with a social housing provider in the Cambridgeshire area to source a Building Surveyor within Property Services on a full-time, permanent basis.
To deliver consistently high quality services to customers.
To carry out a range of technical property functions covering all aspects of responsive repairs, works to empty homes and major work programmes. This will include carrying out building surveys and inspections, to assess disrepair cases. The surveyor will also manage the delivery of the day to day response repairs to the property stock
The role will deliver key parts of the Asset Management Strategy including ensuring that accurate and timely information is available to enable informed investment decisions to be made by the Head of Property Services by carrying out stock condition surveys, and then issue and manage the delivery of the repairs and programmed works.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
* HNC or HND in Building Surveying, or training to this qualification or an equivalent
* Technical knowledge and understanding of property surveying and building construction.
* Experience and knowledge of contract management and Construction Health and Safety.
* Awareness and knowledge of property-related legislation, including planning laws and the restrictions of working in a conservation area.
* Problem solving
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Is customer focused and understands how to involve customers in finding solutions.
* Proactive in listening well to identify individual customer requirements and work with customers to meet their needs.
* Is conscientious and takes responsibility for decision-making and moves things forward.
* Demonstrates a commitment to achieving results against required standards/targets.
* Readily takes responsibility and is accountable
* Committed to continuous personal development
* The skill to prepare as well as scrutinise Health and safety documentation.
* Understanding of budgetary control.
* Demonstrate an understand of setting up technical specifications for tendering contracts.
* Effective administration skills for the delivery of the service, including competency with MS Excel, Word, Teams and databases.
* Supervision of contractors on building works
* Project management
* Knowledge of operating a schedule of rates based system
* Social housing experience/knowledge