Bouygues Energies & Services has an exciting opportunity for a Building Services Shift Engineer – Mechanical Bias to join our team providing maintenance at Southmead Hospital in Bristol. This is a permanent full-time position working a 4 on 4 off shift pattern alternating between days and nights. Days 07:00 – 19:00. Nights 19:00 – 07:00
- Reporting to the Shift Lead / Operations Manager
- Responsible for the safe operation, planned and reactive maintenance of mechanical/electrical systems, associated plant/equipment installed throughout the site
- Carry out mechanical/electrical works as required i.e. allocated maintenance, breakdown repairs, installation, new works, refurbishment and capital works replacement programme.
- Carry out mechanical/electrical repairs and cleaning of mechanical components and equipment
- Maintain and carry out repairs on HVAC systems, gas appliances, Piped Medical Gas systems, steam plant/equipment and all other equipment in plant rooms, patient areas and other departments.
- Prepare pressure vessels for insurance inspections and carry out necessary repairs/testing.
- To oversee specialist sub-contractors, and manage contractors as necessary, working to a safe system of work and permit-to-work system
- To ensure that PPM and Reactive tasks are attended to in accordance with the contract timescales at all times.
- Working an average of 38.5 hours per week a 4 on 4 off shift pattern alternating between days and nights: 07:00 – 19:00 / 19:00 – 07:00 with participation in the on call rota
- Must hold a recognised mechanical trade apprenticeship and/or relevant qualifications to level 2 or 3 (theory and practice) in a relevant mechanical discipline with suitable industry experience; plumbing experience essential
- Desirable to hold some Electrical trade qualifications/18th Edition certification but not essential
- Must have a thorough understanding of engineering building services installation and maintenance techniques.
- Good knowledge of M&E testing, fault finding, maintenance, refurbishment and install.
- Must be able to work independently and when appropriate as part of a team.
- Willing to attain cross skilling
- Ability to read technical drawings and diagnose technical faults
- Strong customer service and communication skills, both written and verbal
- IT literate, and ambition for personal development
Our excellent benefits package includes:
- Generous holiday allowance
- Company share scheme
- 2 paid volunteering days a year
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Employee assistance programme
Why Bouygues E&S Solutions?
Bouygues Energies & Services Solutions (BYES) is an international business operating in over 25 countries and employing over 13,500 people. The company is part of the Bouygues Group – a global brand employing over 130,000 people in 80 countries within the construction, engineering, civil works, energy services, telecommunications, and media sectors.
In the UK, Bouygues Energies & Services is a leading provider of facilities management (FM), energy services, highways, and complex engineering solutions across the public and private sectors.
Bouygues E&S Solutions is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We place a strong emphasis on continual development, both professional and interpersonal. Currently over 2% of the Company’s payroll is spent on Learning and Development activities. We have our own international and local training centres, delivering technical and management courses.
Bouygues Construction UK was awarded the Top Employers United Kingdom and Top Employers Europe certification. We are also proud to have been awarded Investors in People Gold, which demonstrates our commitment to our people.
Here at Bouygues we value the creativity and innovation that our diverse workforce brings, encouraging people from all backgrounds, particularly those from underrepresented communities to apply. By joining us, you will be inspired to bring your full self to the workplace, speak up and share your unique ideas. You will also have an opportunity to join our employee led diversity & inclusion communities such as WeLink (women network), Encompass (LGBTQ+), Kaleidoscope (BAME), Disability and Wellness peer support network, Parents and Carers network.
We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We value your privacy and we are committed to protecting your personal details. If you choose to apply for this role, please do not include any sensitive data on your CV which reveals (directly or indirectly); your race or ethnic origins, your political, philosophical or religious opinions, or your membership of a trade union, your social security number, or information which relates to your health or sexual orientation or to any criminal convictions.
This job was originally posted as: https://thecareerwallet.com/stats/track/MTQ1MjEzNTQ0Mi18LTE0NS18LTcw