Job Title: Alternative Provision Behaviour Mentor (not mainstream education)
Location: Nottingham, NG2
Daily Pay: £80-£95 per day
Hours of Work: 8:30am – 3:30pm / 35 hours per week (term-time only)
Start Date: November 2023
Post Objective: To provide behavioural support to promote individual students’ progress.
Classroom Support responsibilities:
- Under the direction of the Inclusion Manager, work with individuals and small groups of students within a classroom situation to ensure each child has the maximum access to all learning activities.
- In liaison with teaching staff, plan, prepare and deliver the support needed, developing strategies to achieving positive behavioural outcomes.
- Support teaching staff with appropriate strategies when dealing with challenging behaviour.
- Ensure pupils receive regular and constructive feedback with regards to their progress.
Additional Student Support responsibilities:
- Arrange and develop 1-1mentoring programmes to support students in managing their own classroom behaviour and learning.
- Work with teaching staff in the planning and implementation of individual behaviour support programmes for named children or small groups.
- Meeting individual children or small groups to support them through withdrawal from classes or through meetings arranged at other times in the school day.
- Develop and deliver group workshops for students identified with Behavioural, Social and Emotional Difficulties (SEMH).
- Small group work intervention for Maths and English
- Liaise with Alternative Education Providers, parents and teaching staff on student progress.
- Challenge and motivate students to promote self-esteem.
- To support the inclusion manager in the day to day running of the isolation unit within school.
- Have at least one years’ experience working within a school or working with children in a support based setting.
- Role open to youth workers, sports coaches and candidates working in Summer Camps
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be able to quickly build relationships with students and staff
- Enhanced DBS Certificate (within 1 year or on the update service)
- 2 X references
- Right to work in the UK
If you feel you would be the right fit for this role, then please apply through submitting your CV. If you are a successful applicant, you will be contacted to arrange the next steps in the progression of your application.
This job was originally posted as: https://thecareerwallet.com/stats/track/MTQ1MTQwMDI1MC18LTE0NS18LTcw