An Audit Assistant Manager is being recruited for a large, established accountancy firm based in Southampton.
As Audit Assistant Manager, you will be involved with the planning and completion of the audit process for all assignments allocated to you including:
- Regular discussions with the client to confirm progress, identify solutions to any hurdles and ensure reasonable expectations are met.
- Establish relationship with key contacts at the client.
- Identify and highlight any opportunities for the practice to support
- Assist and perform training of junior staff.
- Plan, assign, monitor and review work of junior staff.
- Complete assessment forms of audit team.
- Monitor adherence to budget.
- Assist with the planning of audits and accounting assignments.
- Perform work in accordance with the audit and assignment procedures.
- Ensure all areas of the work are completed with any exceptions to this being agreed with the manager.
- Prepare draft accounts/report and completion report (including identification of control weaknesses or areas of improvement) for review by manager.
- Understand and appreciate key commercial aspects of the clients business.
- Provide regular progress reports to the manager.
- Identify and discuss with manager issues/problems and agree and complete appropriate actions.
- Ensure deadlines met.
- The ability to work on several different assignments at one time.
You will need to be fully qualified (ACA/ACCA) and have proven audit and accounts experience gained within a professional practice, together with strong communication skills, both internally and directly with clients, supervisory skills and the ability to delegate work and manage several assignments at the same time.
In return the practice will offer a supportive working environment, flexible/hybrid working, good pension, 23 days holiday rising to 26, life assurance 4 x salary, private medical and other flexible benefits.
Bond Williams Professional Recruitment are an equal opportunity employer and operate as an Employment Business and Recruitment Agency
This job was originally posted as: https://thecareerwallet.com/stats/track/MTQ1MjI4NDAwMy18LTE0NS18LTcw