Associate Marketing Manager – Open Access Books
We have an exciting opportunity for an Associate Marketing Manager to join our Books Marketing division.
This role will be responsible for creating and executing a full range of multi-channel digital marketing activities aimed at academic libraries and authors within their region, driving OA revenue, lead generation, and pipeline growth.
Actively assessing customer needs and market changes, you will work with cross-functional teams to develop and execute a successful marketing plan, ensuring that marketing messages are tailored to audiences across the region.
The successful applicant will monitor developments in their territory's wider open access book and publishing environment to understand the customer and proactively develop knowledge of key competitors, their products, forthcoming products, sales, and marketing activity. You will be results-focused and need to collaborate confidently with a range of internal stakeholders to achieve our ambitious growth targets.
You will actively contribute to the team and department objectives, ensuring that agreed objectives and targets are met, and make recommendations to senior management as required.
* With a focus on digital, plan and implement multi-channel regional marketing campaigns, both paid and organic, to meet benchmarks and within agreed budgets
* Increase the department’s understanding of customers, competitors, and market developments within the region, reporting back to peers and managers
* Manage a marketing budget effectively ensuring return on investment
* Maintain reports, budgets, trackers as required, analyzing the performance of products, services and activities carried out
* Build effective working relationships with colleagues, customers, and third party services
* Create content marketing pieces to support librarians and authors by responding to regional needs in open access
* Periodic travel to conferences and exhibitions (permitting travel restrictions) and carry out other customer-facing activities, reporting back as required
* Support the Marketing Manager or Senior Marketing Manager in planning and implementing channel or team level projects and campaigns
* Delegate and review tasks, where agreed with the Marketing Manager, monitoring progress and quality and providing effective feedback