Assistant Site Manager
Its ALL going on at Allison Homes…
…We’ve secured a significant new investor with the ambition to grow the business from 600 to 2000 units in 5 years. We are well placed to achieve this with our owned and controlled land bank standing at 6,000 units. Our customer satisfaction is at all time highs and we have been recognised with a Gold Award by In House for greater than 90% customer satisfaction. We recognise that the key to our success is and will be our people, who are encouraged to grow by working with like-minded people, all sharing our vision and values. We’ve secured the land and the investment. So, why not come on board and be part of our growing family?
Responsible for managing and controlling the build process of a new-build development, ensuring the final product is commensurate with the quality expected of Allison Homes.
You will be responsible for the supervision and co-ordination of staff, sub-contractors, material suppliers and utility providers, making sure that building methods align with build quality and programme targets and that company policies and procedures are followed at all times.
A successful build depends on a skilled and motivated workforce; [working with HR/Learning and Development] you will be responsible for implementing appropriate training, coaching, appraisals and support for directly employed staff.
Health and Safety is a key priority for the company. As Assistant site manager, it will be your responsibility to ensure that company health and safety policies and procedures are strictly adhered to on site, including by visitors, and that [relevant documentation/health and safety records is/are] completed on a [weekly/monthly] basis.
Assisting with ensuring the timely ordering of materials and that deliveries of stock are thoroughly checked and recorded.
Quality, compliance and customer experience are important to Allison Homes. You will ensure that building is in accordance with the latest relevant standards, Codes of Practice, Building Regulations and warranty requirements; and will be responsible for inspecting and snagging each plot prior to each NHBC key stage inspection.
To ensure build programme and customer expectations align, you will be required to attend [weekly/monthly] Sales and Construction meetings, and liaise with Sales, Technical and Commercial departments.
* NVQ Level 3-4, BTEC diploma in Building Construction or similar
* SMSTS [qualification/certificate]
* CSCS Card
* Qualified First Aider
* Fire Marshall
* Scaffolding [certificate]
* LOLER certificate
* Full UK driving licence
* In-depth knowledge and experience of construction build programmes, ideally in housebuilding
* Sound commercial awareness
* Good knowledge of Building Regulations
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Able to contribute to the resolution of disputes
* Organised and self-motivated with a willingness to take ownership of projects
* Ability to prioritise tasks to meet changing business needs, demonstrating a strong problem-solving ability
* Computer literate, including [Excel, Word, Outlook