Assistant Project Manager
Trusko Limited are pleased to offer an exciting opportunity to join us as an Assistant Project Manager. We are looking to train up a person in Project Management who will efficiently and innovatively contribute and support the planning/execution of a variety of construction projects, whilst receiving on-the-job support from senior management and fellow colleagues. Trusko will work with you to develop your skills, knowledge and understanding of construction, giving you the tools to thrive. As a smaller but quickly expanding construction company, mainly focusing on working on residential Projects in and around London, we believe this would be the perfect opportunity for someone with the below qualities to really shine, with invaluable support and knowledge from the CEO to site workers for them to hit the ground running.
To be considered, you should be able to perform any reasonable tasks assigned by the Project Manager/ Line manager in an efficient/timely manner and be able to maintain oversight of project activities, identify any issues, and ensure these are resolved promptly. The successful candidate will have a keen interest in construction work in the UK and becoming a Project Manager. They will need to be highly self-motivated and ready to learn, with a positive attitude and a logical approach to work.
Job Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Assist the Project/Line manager in the creation and adherence to the project timeline and calendar and execution of the management plan for assigned projects.
* Help coordinate and manage the project from inception to completion, being a voice in the strategic planning phase of upcoming projects.
* Help to create, manage, and maintain he project budget, review project designs, and contribute ideas to enable us to be more cost-effective.
* Carry out daily operational and administrative tasks in an effective and timely manner.
* Facilitate communications between office and field staff, including the scheduling and confirmation of deliveries to field staff, tracking and directly reporting project status updates to the Project Manager and communicate with site superintendents about delays and any other issues that must be communicated to clients.
* Help find solutions to issues and challenges and suggest ways to improve the project.
* Organize, file, and maintain all current project documents.
* Update and manage the digital project databases.
* Assist in ensuring compliance with necessary standards and specifications.
* Schedule meetings, phone calls, site visits, etc, ensuring to visit sites to evaluate progress and to respond to clients concerns and/or questions.
* Consult with and gather information from technicians, engineers, contractors, etc., and co-ordinate with suppliers and vendors to ensure our construction teams have the materials they need.
* Maintain positive vendor and client relationships, communicating a following up with clients about specific goals, ensuring the project adheres to the set schedule and is meeting the requirements and wishes of the client.
* Generate invoices for clients based on services rendered and in coordination with the Project Manager and prepare written estimates for clients based on personnel, materials, equipment and other expenses.
* Assist the Project Manager to provide a professional Project and Design Management service internally and externally, as set out in Project Managers’ scopes of service, including contributing to the evolution of the Project Managers documentation and methods.
* Liaise, as requested by the Project Manager, with the Project Managers’ Planner and input into design and construction programmes.
* Contribute, or otherwise assist, as required.
The Ideal Candidate:
* Experience working in construction and/or project management beneficial but not essential.
* Preferably degree qualified but this is not essential.
* Experience dealing with Risk Management and Quality Control.
* Excellent organisation and timekeeping skills, with the ability to multi-task and work on various different projects at the same time.
* Experience working with software used in Construction would be beneficial.
* Motivated and ready to learn.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Ability to work well within a team and independently, happy to work on your own initiative with guidance from the Project Manager.
* Great leadership skills, with the ability to remain calm under pressure.
* Good knowledge of the construction industry.
* Able to work with budgets and figures, strong mathematical skills.
* Strong attention to detail