Assistant / Intermediate Quantity Surveyor
We are currently working for a renowned and forward-thinking main contactor that has been operating for almost 30 years and currently has a turnover more than £80 million. Over the last thirty years, they have developed a reputation for delivering a range of projects including residential, education, healthcare, commercial and heritage projects. Their ethos and success come from developing and maintaining client focussed relationships with over 60% of their business coming from repeat clients and consultant teams. Typical project values range from £5 million to £30 million.
Role: Assistant / Intermediate Quantity Surveyor – £30,000 – £45,000 + Competitive Package – Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire
Roles & Responsibilities:
* Assist in reviewing design, contract and cost plan allowances with team
* Attending and contributing to design team meetings
* Take off BQ’s from drawings and specifications.
* Preparing and sending out tender packages.
* Evaluating tender returns and making procurement recommendations.
* Negotiating orders with trades and putting together subcontract orders.
* Carrying out site measures and valuations against subcontractor applications including issuing payment and withholding notices.
* Assisting the line manager with the monthly CVR report.
* Manage packages of work from start to finish.
The Ideal Candidate:
* Degree or HND Qualified.
* 3+ years post qualification experience in Quantity Surveying